Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pippi36

Pippie's Accutane Log

Hi Pippi! Glad to hear that you had a good weekend! That is a lot if kids to deal with for a weekend but it sounds like you had fun. Also, I am glad you did not have any problems with the sun. You didn't burn? I am going to Arizona in about three weeks. I am worried that i will be more dry since its so dry there. I think I am going to take 60 mg some days. I know you are doing that, well I think so right?? Did you see a big difference?? I bet you can't wait for school to be over. I was done on thursday but I still have a lot to do bc I am changing grade levels. Talk to you soon!

Nice to hear you had an awesome time camping over the weekend! Waterpark?! I would love to go to one right about now... I think I am still kind of embarassed to take the shirt off in public.... which sucks because I used to be so confident with the shirt off with the abs going (8-pack) for quite some time. Now I can't even show that off and be proud of it without worrying about how my chest/back look. :(

That's good that you didn't have any problems in the sun... probably because you remembered to keep applying sunscreen. It's hard to stay out of the sun all the time.

P.S. Shay is such a beautiful name... just thought I'd mention that. ;)

day 65

OK I am so sick of my nose and eyes being sooo dry. It is something I am not going to miss. My facelooks pretty good. I did get a zit on the side of my face, but I left it alone. It is going away nicely. I need to remember to leave them alone. My workout this morning was shit. I felt so tired. I am feeling very tired lately. I am not sure if it is the meds or the fact that I am finishing up everything in my school. Graduation, finals, cleaning out my room for the summer etc. It can be tiring, but I think accutane has added to it. My head itches all the time. My best friend's sister is goinng to go on acutane and she called to ask me about it. I said oh it is great stuff - -miracle drug and then I told her all my side efffects. She was like holy shit I thought you said it was great. haha I do think there are a million side effects that suck. You should hear me when I get up off the coach. My husband said i sound like an old lady.

Having a huge picnic on Sunday. Tomorrow I am finally planting my flowers. Lots of work to do. Not to mention grading term papers from 45 8th graders. Feeling overwhelmed, but upbeat. I just got back from a shoping trip!! Always makes me feel good. Abercrombie sucks!! My daughter made me spend a fortune on her clothes from that damn store.

Anyway, all you fathers have a great Father's Day~!!!!! Have a great weekend . Still dont know how to post pictues. I have tried a lot. I followed your directions, but to no avail.

SIDE EFFECTS SUCK! DRYNESS SUCKS!!! But clear skin rocks! :P Soon... and I mean SOON all the side effects will be gone and we'll just have CLEAR SKIN!!! I know what you mean with the workouts... I find I have to force myself to work harder... because I feel a lot lazier. But it is actually helping me focus more and this could benefit my future workouts when I am off tane.

Have you tried Head and Shoulders?? It helps with dry scalp and dry hair... and helps with the itchiness. It helped me near the start of my treatment and I haven't had any problems since.

Sounds like you're BUSY BUSY BUSY. Sometimes that's a good thing because it takes your mind off being on Accutane... and the treatment seems to fly by faster. Anyway, have a good weekend and have fun at the picnic!!!

Hey Pippi .. I know, I love Soho!!! Its the best. I don't think I have been to the store that you mentioned. Next time I go, I will def look for it. I stayed at the bryant park hotel. It was very nice. Its kind of like a bourtique hotel. Its a great location. The restaurant, Koi, is inside the hotel. Its a sushi place, so if you like that kind of food.. you should try it. I love it. Its also a little expensive though. but they have the best martinis!

I also hate when the sun makes my old acne spots darker. I want to get a tan but I don't want to have darker marks so its a tough decision haha

Hopefully you are getting through all of your work. I hate grading writing... it takes forever. I have to be really focused to do it.

Anyway, I am glad you are still doing well with your face!! Talk to you soon!

thanks Calio and Simo you guys are great!!!!

I am off to the shore tomorrow for five days. I have loads of sunscreen and a funky hat!!! Should be ok!!!!! I can't wait to get the hell away for awhile. Talk to you soon!!!!

Back from the shore!!! I put sunscreen on a million times, but still got sunburned. I never get sunburned either, so my skin is way thinner. I also drank too much down there too. I have two big zits on my side of my mouth. I know it is from both the sun and the drinking. But it could not be helped. I am officially done worknig for the summer. I am sooooo glad. I am looking forward to just relaxing for a change. Hope all is well with everyone. I just got a new car in case anyone cares. It is a KIA Rondo. It has third row seating an SUV It is perfect for Shay and her friends to travel in since I always have a million kids with me. We got it the day before we left for vacation. It drives very nicely. OK enough for now. Have a great one!!!!!

Pippi! Getting sunburned sucks! You can't enjoy the sun like you normally would. YAY for being done work though. I also find when I drink and am in the sun for a long period of time, the few days after my skin looks a lot worse... the red marks are more noticeable and I tend to get a few more pimples or current ones get more inflamed. I guess there's a price to pay for having fun when on Accutane!!... but it's all worth it in the end.

Anyway, enjoy your new car and your relaxing time off work!!

Thanks Simo- you are the best!!!!

Today is DAY 75 It should be day 92, but with the perscription always getting messed up and me forgetting a few times, I am 17 days less along than I should be. I have one pimple that is dried up but looks like hell on the side of my lip. I also feel a huge one on right by my ear coming. That makes me worried. Why now? Is it becasue of my behavior lately? I have been drinknig way too much for this medicine. :naughty: I could say I am going to stop but I havetwo parties this weekend with wild friends. :boohoo: It aint gonna happen. :whistle::whistle: I will try to be good after that. :redface: Lips are still very very dry if I do not constantly put aquaphor on them. My feet are peeling too. It looks very pretty. It feels good to not have to work for awhile. I am sleeping more which should help my face. I also have been drinknig lots of water again. Maybe that is why all these zits are popping up. Who the hell knows???? Have a good one everybody!!! :surprised::dance:

Really like your log. Sounds like you have a very busy life and loads of fun times!

Wish I was on day 75!

Also the dog in your avatar looks beautiful. :)

Kel

Kellsbells - thanks for your comments. That is my baby golden Her name is Belley daughter named her when she was in love with Disney movies. Belle is the best dog I ever had. Soooo sweet. Goldens usaully are I have heard. Yeah I guess it does seem like I like to have fun. I work hard all year, and dont get to do loads of things, so summer is when I break loose!!! haha I am going to read your logs now. Good luck with your meds. Before long you will be on day 75. :dance::dance::dance:

Pippi! My next appointment won't be for another few weeks. The derm actually told me I would be done no matter what after I have finished my current pills. I appreciate your concern but don't worry, I'll be fine. I only have like 10 pills left. ;)

Now for my time to worry. :) Easy on the drinking! I have been good and haven't had a drink since I increased to my REALLY high doses. I plan to wait about a week before I start to have some drinks after I'm done my course... even though everyone here will be drinking and partying because it's Canada Day on Sunday. :S It could be possible that your recent breakouts are because of the drinking... I guess just make sure you drink EVEN MORE water when you booze because it'll dehydrate your system even more!

Pippi .. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach! I love going for long weekends. Your car sounds nice.. I hope you enjoy it! You must be so glad school is over .. I love having summers off, its the best. Sorry to hear your face broke out a little. Hopefully the pimples will go away soon. If it was the sun and drinking, I am in trouble too. I am going on vacation and I will be in the sun and of course I will be drinking. I will have to keep my fingers crossed. Anyway, I hope you have a good week .. talk to you soon!!!

Day 82

I am peeling all over my body. I literally see flakes of skin flying around as I walk. It is disgusting. This is really weid too. My heels of my feet are really bad when I first stand up in the morning. Or after long periods of sitting. My achilles too. It makes me feel about 80 years old. My face is clear except for those damn spots from former beauties. I can see a big diffrence though and it feels great!!!! My lip is cracked on one side, and had been for about two weeks . Otherwise, I am really enjoying the summer. Love it. Take care everyone.

hiya

glad things are goin well 4 u. its great that you are noticing a difference!! im at 30mg as well, do you no how long ur course is likely to be? my derm hasnt really said. also do u have any idea what the long term remission is like from a lower dose?

I go tomorrow for my derm appointment. I cannot believe I am starting month four. My skin is great in the case of no zits. Now the old marks need to start leaving. It is amazing how much damage zits can do to skin. I hate looking at them. I hope thet go away. The corner of my mouth keeps cracking. I swear every day it breaks open. Stings like a bitch. My scalp still itches like hell. Can't wait for that to dissappear. Overall, everything is going well. Hope everyone is having a great summer. :rolleyes:

Congrats on month 4 Pip! :dance:

Must feel great to be getting so much closer to the end.

Ouch the mouth sounds sore :( Ohh the joyous things I have to look forward to!!!

Keep smiling! Ow actually that may hurt!

Kel x

thanks Kells. Month four is under way. I was out in the sun yesterday and my lips gotburnt. They hurt so bad. I look like I got bit by a bee. My doctor told me one more month after this unless all the stains are still there then he might make me stay on it a little longer to be sure to get rid of them. Oh god!!! My joints and bones are sooo bad lately. I feel like an old lady. I get up from anywhere that I am sitting and feel like I broke something. I think it is getting worse every day. Face is zit free, but I have the WEIRDEST problem right now. It is embarrassing to even say. I have a moustache without any hair . It is like my skin is dark under my nose. It really looks like a moustache. I have to put coverup on it. Anyyone??? Am I the only weirdo??? I forgot to ask my doctor.

Hey Pippi! I also layed out in the sun. My skin did fine, I did not get burnt but my lips did. It hurts so bad!!! One more month! Thats great, I have two. Glad your acne free. Thats a great feeling. I hope you are having a great summer!!!

Oh yay Pippi! Glad to hear that everything is looking up. I jinxed myself by posting... I got a big zit by my mouth. Haha only one though... I remember when one zit wouldn't have been such a biggie.

I have a lot of red marks and still some blackheads... sigh...

I HATE THE REDMARKS!

Hi, I think I read someone else say they had the same mustache prob. I think she said it was ?melasma? Anyway it was someone on this site so maybe you could find it. Glad tour skin is clear though and hope you only have one more month to go :) Lain

Hey Pippy,

I feel you girl... I'm on month 4 too, and I'm totally grateful that my acne is gone, but the scarring is really bothering me. seems like no matter how amazing the results, we always find something else to obsess about huh?

But HEY we're acne free. gluck with the rest of your treatment.

SMILE =)

48 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My computer was down for sooo long!!!!! Itwas awful, but I am glad to see that NOONE missed me. I am now oing to start counting down how many more days I have to take these terrible pills. They do work miracles on the face, but my joints in my whole body are soooo sore. I feel about seventy years old. I still workout, but I ache soo much the next moring. It is the worst side effect so far. I am starting to feel a little depressed and anxious also. It drives me crazy. I am off work all summer and sometimes that makes me anxious in and of itself, but I think this is the worst summer for it. Anyway, thanks again for checking on me. hahaha Hope everyone is doing well.

All the best with the Last 48 days!

Sounds like it has been great for your skin but side effects are making it hard!

Hopefully it wont take long to settle down once your finished and your body will feel better.

Good on you for keeping up the exercise even in pain!

;)

Hello everyone. I have not been on here for a very long time. I worked for two weeks at a friend's daycare that needed my help and we were away for vacations. Hope everyone is doingwell. My face looks pretty bad going into month five. I think it has to do with all the sun I have been getting on it. Also I have been going going going and not getting proper sleep. Just saw my derm on Wednesday and he is thinknig about keeping me on it another month. Things really have been going down hill. It is like I am getting the IB now. Great just in time for back to school. I have been very weak and breathless at times. Another month might kill me. Anyway, hope all is going well.