Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanishing Wolf

Legal to Buy Retin-A at Website or on eBay?

I found a website that is selling a full box of Retin-A Micro samples, in either .04% or .1% strength. They don't ask for proof of a prescription, but just advise that you must have had this prescribed to you in the past. All someone would have to do is place an order and there would be no questions asked, it seems, which means anyone can get Retin-A without a consultation or prescription! I personally think it should be sold over the counter, anyway, but that is another issue.

They're selling prescription drugs over the counter, which I imagine is illegal in the US. If you do a search on eBay for "retin a", you will usually find matches where individuals are selling various forms of retin-a. I don't know if this is legal, either.

Here are my concerns: Does anyone know if the buyer is committing an illegal act if that buyer doesn't have a current prescription? If there was ever a crackdown on these internet-type drug sales, could they go after the buyers, too?

Here is a website currently selling retin-A:

http://www.retin-amicrosale.com/index.html

BTW, I currently have a prescription for Retin-A, but I am wondering what the consequences are, if any, from ordering in this manner without a prescription.

If you're importing drugs into the USA, I think that customs has the right to sieze them if they see fit. They then notify you that your package has been siezed. You have the right to appeal their decision, but I'm guessing most people don't. They don't persecute the buyer or even the seller. Most companies seem to know how to ship without raising red flags of the custom officials, but ya always stand a chance of having your stuff confiscated.

once i tried buying retin-a micro on ebay and it said after i bought that the sale had been cancled due to this item being "contraband" or some bs, i later bought it off of a different seller on ebay though :-s

I am somewhat leery of people selling what appears to be a prescription drug, without requiring a prescription. To me there are just too many unknowns that I don't think I'd take the chance.

I am not sure what the penalties might be for buying and/or selling prescription drugs. I'd imagine it would be worse for the seller, but still wouldn't want to risk it. That's the way I feel about it, but I am sure there are many people out there who are willing to risk it because they feel the benefits outweigh the risks.

You can import drugs to the united states as long as it's, I believe, a 60 day supply or less. In other words, they want to make sure you're USING it and not selling it. I buy retina micro online with no problems. I've never been to a derm. I've also seen places where you can purchase accutane online. When I buy my RAM, it comes in the same tube and box with package insert as what it on the website. www.bestprescription.com is pretty good.

They won't seize it unless it's a narcotic or a heavy substance. Retina micro isn't considered a hard core drug..like say oxycontin.

I would never buy it from some1 else because I prefer taking the safer route..I know I probably could save some $$...but whoever has that prescription had it prescribed for their condition. Of course, I highly doubt that it would do much harm to your skin if you were to buy it and use it. Retina Micro is fortunately covered by my insurance and costs me max $15...depending on if I get the generic or brand name prescription. But I wonder about those wanting to sell Accutane? I think oral medication should be really avoided because some of them do require blood tests.

You can import drugs to the united states as long as it's, I believe, a 60 day supply or less. In other words, they want to make sure you're USING it and not selling it. I buy retina micro online with no problems. I've never been to a derm. I've also seen places where you can purchase accutane online. When I buy my RAM, it comes in the same tube and box with package insert as what it on the website. www.bestprescription.com is pretty good. 

They won't seize it unless it's a narcotic or a heavy substance. Retina micro isn't considered a hard core drug..like say oxycontin.

You can't buy prescription drugs without a prescription from a doctor. Maybe in 10 or 20(I don't know) years, Accutane will be availabe over the counter. I think when their patent(or whatever expires) other companies can sell copies of Accutane under another name.

If you are going to buy, then buy from a reputable and major online pharmacy. I got prescribed differein and I know i can buy it online for 40$ without a prescription. Walgreens asks 99$ for same thing.