Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxygoddess

~*~My Foxy Accutane Diary~*~

Oh My God!!! You look fantastic! :dance:

What a differnce...your skin looks great. I am really happy for you> I am in the start of a horrid IB and look disgusting! Knowing that others are getting great results helps to keep you going.

Congrats on your beautiful skin!

hey foxy

yr skin looks amazing! congrats. u must be chuffed. hope it just continues 2 get betetr and better 4 u. thanks 4 yr post on my log as well

Thanks KellsBells!!! Yeah, my skin has made SUCH an improvement...it's amazing. I love it! How long have you been on accutane? For me the IB started in week two I think and lasted about two-three weeks, then at week six...wow, all downhill from there! Just keep thinking positive!!

And Lucy, thanks! I hope your brother is going to be alright...:(

Hey foxy hows things?

I am just finishing week 3. Started IB in week two but this week has by far been my worst so far.

Really hope it only lasts a couple of weeks like yours. :wall:

I have to present at a conference in 3 weeks and would love to be just a little clearer! :pray: Actually a lot clearer would be good. Skin is very ugly and messy at moment.

keep it up

Kelx

Hey guys, wow it's been a bit since I updated! Well, good news...I have NINE DAYS left on Accutane! I started in April and am finishing up end of August, that's 5 full months of treatment.

Here's a quick rundown about my *fun* little Accutane journey:

Weight: 115 lbs/approx. 52 kg

Month 1: Started at 40 mg/day

Months 2-5: All 60 mgs/day

Side Effects: Really irritating dry skin/itchiness and bodily adjustment period during the first three weeks, then the only persisting side effects were dry lips and very easily-sunburned skin (I NEVER used to burn, but once I forgot the block and suffered a blistering burn in the middle of my treatment..bad, bad, BAD! Always cover up!!). I also suffered very sensitive/thin skin, and just bumping my arm or finger across a surface would peel back the top layer...healing time also greatly increased, and scarring seems to be inevitable for those wounds I did endure (thankfully none on my face!). Some minor dehydration/dry eyes and occasional backaches in the beginning, but faded near the end.

Results: Clear skin, of course! Wow, such an improvement. Baby smooth skin, very minimal scarring from the acne and even tone. I love it!!! I sure hope it stays, OMG I am so so so happy to finally have a crystal clear complexion!

QUESTIONS!

Okay, so now I have a few questions. How many of you post-Accutaners have ZERO breakouts since the treatment? Is it normal to break out much afterward? Do you have to spot treat? I'm just hoping I won't have to fuss over my skin anymore, and those damn creams are a pain!

Thanks so much for reading everyone, I'll definitely update as I live my new, acne-free life post-tane!

Heh, thanks! You can still see some of the red "tane burn" on my cheeks but there really isn't any hyperpigmentation/red marks anywhere. It really is smooth and clear, soooo nice! But you can still see my chapped lips, grrr...I wonder when those will go away? I've got a few more days on tane and I'm done. Yessss!

Hey, do any of you still have chapped lips when you get OFF tane, like, FOR LIFE? I really hope I don't need chapstick the rest of my life...oh man, that would suck. :(

Hello,

I'm 34 days into a long-haul regime (I can't tolerate higher doses, so I'm going to be on 30mg-or-so for a total of seven or eight months), and I'm showing some signs of improvement. Hopefully, this will continue...

Regarding your question about post-'tane breakouts; the two people I know who've taken it experienced slight relapses after the conclusion of their therapy, but their breakouts were nowhere as troublesome as before. Not even nearly bad enough to make them undertake another course of Roaccutane... one of these people, a friend of mine called Charlotte, had absolutely rotten skin beforehand - afterwards, she got the odd small spot, every now and then; her recovery was absolutely remarkable. It was Charlotte's experience that made me think of turning to Roaccutane, myself.

Hello,

I'm 34 days into a long-haul regime (I can't tolerate higher doses, so I'm going to be on 30mg-or-so for a total of seven or eight months), and I'm showing some signs of improvement. Hopefully, this will continue...

Regarding your question about post-'tane breakouts; the two people I know who've taken it experienced slight relapses after the conclusion of their therapy, but their breakouts were nowhere as troublesome as before. Not even nearly bad enough to make them undertake another course of Roaccutane... one of these people, a friend of mine called Charlotte, had absolutely rotten skin beforehand - afterwards, she got the odd small spot, every now and then; her recovery was absolutely remarkable. It was Charlotte's experience that made me think of turning to Roaccutane, myself.

Well I've been off Accutane since the first of the month, that's almost a week. No problems so far, although I DID wake up with an irritating little pimple on my lower lip, right where the lip merges with the skin. It hurts like a SOB! It's trying to become a tiny whitehead but it's having difficulty. I never had whiteheads before, only huge hard nodules, so I'm thinking this is just my skin trying to normalize after being pulverized with Accutane, lol. I'm not too worried about it, it'll heal and go away in a day or two. Other than that, nothing new, my skin was itchy the first few days off the tane and now its better, all of my acne marks are healing nicely and the scratches I had on my arms that weren't healing because of the tane are now going away very fast. My skin feels not so rough anymore and is looking smoother and more even-toned with less redness everyday. I'll keep you all posted in the coming weeks!

1 month down!

AND NO ZITS!!!

None, nada! Clear, smooth, flawless skin since I went off Accutane September 1st. Whoo hoo! I'm so glad. I hope this sticks around!

I still have a little tane burn hanging around my nose and cheeks, but its usually only evident after getting out of a warm shower or if i'm overheated. No biggie, I'm sure it will fade soon enough.

But yeah! Go me! LOL. How's everyone else doin' around here?

Still clear as ever, and updated my gallery with a new post-tane pic. May be waiting to be approved, but it's me in a costume with my clear face! Yay! LOL.

Well I've been off Accutane now for about 2.5 months. The last week or so I've been waking up with one teeny tiny pimple here or there about every three days, but what's great is they fade in a matter of hours. I'm not too worried, I don't think my acne is coming back, I think the natural oils have just returned to my skin and it's balancing out. Still consistently clear aside from that, though!

Well, I've been off Tane since September of 2007, I've had a few minor breakouts but nothing like I used to get. I think now my pimples are mainly hormonal, as I've been switching between birth controls lately and it seems to be the cause of my mini-bouts of acne.

Anyway, I love my clear skin now, and I'm so glad I decided to try Accutane...it put me out $2000, but hey...it was well worth it!

Well, it's October 2008 and I've been off of Accutane for...over a year now. About 6 months after I was off I started getting worrying pimples, the hard kind that last a long time, but it was only a few here and there. Still, I wasn't happy about having ANY acne. I discovered this new system called "OBAGI CLENZIDERM." It's pretty expensive, about $118 for a 3-month supply, but it works so well!!!! It controls the after-accutane acne that I was getting, and it keeps skin clear and smooth...best of all, it doesn't make my skin dry! (And I have naturally dry skin). There are two types, one for oily skin and one for dry skin...they have 5% benzoyl peroxide in the treatment cream, the difference between it and store-brand stuff is that Obagi is LIQUIFIED BP, meaning it's small enough to get into tiny pores and attack acne bacteria...I guess the store-stuff is so big and clumpy that most of it just sits on the surface of the skin and does nothing for you. Anyway, give it a try!! It's awesome, I never thought I'd find anything that worked and kept my skin nice and moist. :P

Best of all...NO ACNE! :D:D:D

Wow!

QUestion. Did you pick?

Because I can't help but pick at mine! Boo!

It's only day 4, and my skin is breaking out worse then before i started accutane.

It's going to be a long 5 months.. LOL

Yes, I DID pick...horrible, but I used to think I could pop the suckers without making a scar, well..I've got a few shallow ones on my left cheek now and a few on my forehead. Whatever you do, don't pick!!! LOL. I know it's hard, but you'll be glad you didn't down the road.

Oh, and I had AWFUL breakouts the first month or so I was on Accutane...much worse than before I started (although before I was pretty damn bad, lol). But don't worry...that first phase is necessary, and it DOES pass. After that first month I was pretty clear the whole way through, and I just kept getting better.

Good luck with your course!!!