Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I was hoping somebody on here would be able to help me. I want to help control the candida overgrowth but I dont want to go on a dramatic diet to solve it. I was hoping I could do it slowly by taking a high probiotic supplement morning and night and going on a healthy diet which will include foods prohibited byt the candida diet such as fruit. Will a probitoic first thing and at night work? I jut want something to work over time veen if it takes a year

First off, I was on that same Candida boat. I don't believe this organism causes acne, but even going on an anti-Candida diet might help in general since it is a healthier diet that is lower in insulin spikes. Because you eat less "sugar" you eat less baked goods, resulting in consuming more healthier fats like saturated fats instead of soybean oil and trans fats...unless you decide to consume a lot of olives and avocadoes.

But a probiotic simply will not work, and I don't believe it will...even if you consume hundreds of billions of microorganisms each day.

Hi I was hoping somebody on here would be able to help me. I want to help control the candida overgrowth but I dont want to go on a dramatic diet to solve it. I was hoping I could do it slowly by taking a high probiotic supplement morning and night and going on a healthy diet which will include foods prohibited byt the candida diet such as fruit. Will a probitoic first thing and at night work? I jut want something to work over time veen if it takes a year

Totally, 100% concur with RS. It's impossible...you'll never get it under control otherwise. You have to do both diet AND proper supplementation.

Everyone says you have to control it with diet, but personally the overgrowth that bothers me (like yeast infections, mouth infections, etc) is easily controlled for me with probiotics. Im not saying there isnt SOME overgrowth still happening, but probiotics do help with the overgrowth symtoms that bothered me. Then again I dont really eat much sugar so maybe I dont have that bad of a case to begin with...who knows.

Guest T-Virus

I've been on a diet for candida overgrowth and I'm still taking supplements although my diet is not so strict anymore. I've reintroduced chocolate and coffee back into my diet but I'm still staying away from all the foods that I'm really supposed to avoid. I had a tiny bit of cow's milk in my coffee yesterday and that made me feel really sick so no way am I trying that again. Anyway I don't think you should have to avoid all fruits. I just avoided the ones that showed up on my allergy test. Although I'm taking less supplements now, I started out taking a whole bunch including probiotics (which I'm still taking), a herbal mixture, wormwood, digestaid, Helico)X, Zinc and an EFA compound.

I'm done with quite a lot of those and I've added some new ones in.

Thanks for all your reply guys. How would a diet of organic chicken and fish with vegetables but with blueberries and melon be. I dont want to give up fruit completly. I will stop dairy though and occasionally have a slice of wheat bread but I know I wont be able to starve myself of them completly because of the inconvenience. I've tried before and its been too difficult. I'd rather get some results than nothing. At the moment I feed myself on carbs, coffee, sugar and hydrogentated oils. Therefor the change I'm getting ready to implement is going to be pretty significant.

Wow, reading through some of these replies astounds me.... So many pills and steps...

I like to do things the easy way. So I am just taking a probiotic, drinking lots of kombucha tea, and on a somewhat strict vegetarian diet.

My skin has been way better since I've cut out gluten. Wheat was horrible to my skin.

Yeast blows.

I wish you lots of luck! ^_^

I didn't want to cut out the fruit either since I'd just started improving my diet and eating more fruit and vegetables. So I just cut back on the sugar and took probiotics, antifungal herbs and fiber supplements.

There's this spit test people do where you spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning and if strings form, it means you have a candida overgrowth. I never did that, but I used to wake up in the morning feeling like there were strings in my mouth.

After about a month, that stopped happening.

I didn't want to cut out the fruit either since I'd just started improving my diet and eating more fruit and vegetables. So I just cut back on the sugar and took probiotics, antifungal herbs and fiber supplements.

There's this spit test people do where you spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning and if strings form, it means you have a candida overgrowth. I never did that, but I used to wake up in the morning feeling like there were strings in my mouth.

After about a month, that stopped happening.

Again...totally concur with RS.

One of the main reasons you become "carb sensitive" is because of candida IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So what is the anti candida diet, can someone please give some good links?

I did the spit on a clear glass thing and I kinda saw the strings, but R.S., you say this is pointless? What other ways can people find out if they have candida? Thanks in advance