Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sephora28

manic panic hair bleach

Sorry-I've only used the colors! I used to use just the bleach powder packet and "White Magic" peroxide (20 volume I think since my hair is already blonde) and it's fantastic-no yellowing-I don't even need a toner! I can't remember the name of the powder...John Frieda comes to mind but I don't think it's that...

I used it before but I only left it on to get my hair blond so I could get my hair other colors. My natural color is dark brown so I have to lighten it to get other colors. I wouldn't use it if you like to have long hair cause it does dry out your hair a lot and you'll probably have to trim or cut your hair after. Blue and purple are my favorite colors.

The Manic Panic bleach kit is not strong enough imo, (unless you are already at least dark blonde) although i see they have a new 40 volume that would be better. I prefer to lift in one shot, i hate having to do it twice. I use Born Blonde creme lightener, 40 volume developer and one activator pack for touch-ups, two for an intial virgin bleach. There is some stuff you can get from Sally's that you add so the activator doesn't make it itch so much.

The Manic Panic white toner is nice, though, although i'm using Clairol Towhead at the moment for an ultra light ash blonde.

I use an Ion keratin reconstructor after the bleach, wait one day, then tone and use the reconstructor again. My hair is nice and soft, but i also have it really short since i'm not super careful to keep retouching only on my roots. If you are planning to dye it some rainbow color, wait a day so that you can shampoo all the bleach out (don't shampoo right after bleaching - conditioner only until the next day) and then put the veggie dye on. Otherwise the color will be uneven.

I hate that stuff, it's blue! How are you supposed to see when it's done lifting when it's blue, gah! And i think it's only 30V even though it says "max" if i recall correctly. You can tone after you are done if you are after a true blonde look - in that case you only need to lighten to pale yellow (inside of a banana skin) and the toner will cancel the rest of the yellow tone. If you want it all the way white because you are going to dye it a color that yellow will interefere with, you can take it up all the way to white, but that is of course more damaging.

I think you'll get better results if you go to Sally's and get the stuff separately.

I know! It is soooo blue. I was actually very surprised when I mixed it up and it came out blue. I think that may be why it always comes out pale yellow for me, I think it is white enough, but can't tell clearly through the blue.

Yea, it did damage my hair. I am in luck, though. I keep my hair very short (less than two inches) so the damage doesn't show unless I get my hair wet. When it gets wet, it literally swells up like a cotton ball does :lol: Gives new meaning to the term q-tip, huh?

^:lol: it is so weird, my hair looks normal like regular brown hair (did a brown rinse the other day) until it gets wet and then WHOA! COTTON HEAD!

^OMG, it does take longer to dry now! I just realized that after you said something. It does seem to stay damp for way longer than it used to.

Keratin reconstructor is your friend. :D Ion makes a good one, you can get it in small packs at Sally's for a couple bucks. Nexxus also makes a product that i've never used that is supposed to be the ultimate reconstructor, i think it's called Emergencee. I saw some at Walgreens for about $15, i might pick some up since i think i'm going to stay blonde for awhile.

omg!! u guys know about manic panic? aaayyyy!!!! i feel like adding aqua chunks on my hair... n all the bottom....

yessss!!!! im feeling spontaneous....it's on!!!

I've used Manic Panic Flashlightening kit, bleach in 40 Vol.

My natural haircolor is jetblack (I'm Chinese). Usually when I use l'oreal hair bleaches, I need to make 3 applications (takes over 2 hours) to get myself to a light blonde. Manic Panic gave me the same result in a little over an hour. Although if you have hair like mine, don't expect to get platinum like marilyn monroe. The lightest mine goes is faded yellow.