Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

AHA moisturizer 2x a day

well rite now i have 2 Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion [one w/ SPF and one Night version]

i also have Neutrogena oil-free w/ SPF but it made my face break out so... (shoved it in the top drawer)

so rite now i have no choice but to use the NHSFL twice a day since my parents think im wasting too much money on these lotions and crap...

im also wondering if moisturizing at nighttime is necessary... then i dont hav to use the moisturizer at nite...

so to sum things up :

1)Is it okay to use AHA twice a day? I can tolerate full BP and AHA rite now

2)Is moisturizing at night necessary? (is it better if i do moisturize at night?)

thanks!

Maybe you could start using it once a day and then if your skin will tolerate it go to twice a day.

since you just started id give aha one time a day for a week then gradually do it 2x a day while increasing your bp amount

moisturizing at night is been told it is optional but many of us find it more helpful moisturizing day and night

i've been using BP (proactiv) for about 2 months

and my skin is used to it so no problem with BP

im wonderin if its ok to put AHA twice a day

i heard its kinda harsh to the skin and all but...

proactiv bp is way different then dans bp aha twice a day can be harsh at high % like neutrogena like i said id recommend starting 1x a day then increasing to 2x a day

i speak from personal experience

would lac-hydrin be better to use 2x a day since its got 5% lactic acid?

im not so sure about experimenting w/ moisturizers

mainly because i can't go out and buy another one if one doesnt work

I agree with the others, I think NHSFL twice a day is pretty intense but LH5 twice a day is more reasonable since it's a lower concentration of a milder AHA. I don't think AHA twice a day is necessary by any means, though. You'll still want to use some kind of sunblock during the day!