Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Has anyone ever become acne free without using acne treatment?

Basically im tired of using stuff like BP because it is ruining my skin and always drying it out. Has anyone ever got there face clear from just using facial washes and an exfoliating face wash. I have the Witch Exfoliating face wash and when reading peoples reviews on it they say it has cleared there spots so i was just curious on whether to try it out. Just want to see what people say before i stop using BP as i can imagine i would breakout ever more than i do now everday.

i don't use any acne *topicals* but I use things like BHA and Green Cream. Is that what you mean..like clear without any form of acne medication? If so then yes, I have.

i don't use any acne *topicals* but I use things like BHA and Green Cream. Is that what you mean..like clear without any form of acne medication? If so then yes, I have.

I'm sure some people have... and then there's some people like my brother (used to have some zits now and then but it wasn't really bad) and simply stopped using everything except water and cleared up entirely. Pfft. I'm too wimpy to do that.

My skin has been completely glowing before and clear with just being on the contraceptive pill but came off it as felt awful. I have also become completely clear before with using just antibiotics (euthromycin) and doing nothing else but washing with face wash and toner. god how I took those days for granted!

For some reason though in the past few months my face and body has lately exploded with spots! only thing I can think of is that I have been stressed lately but thats it I never ever had spots on my body before and im like in my 20's only ever used to get them on my face LOL xx

If medicated face washes or scrubs had worked for me, I wouldn't be here. Right now my only hope for clear skin without BP (or maybe accutane down the road if BP stops managing my acne) is to grow out of it. Not saying that it's impossible for you to find a washing regimen to control your acne, but I don't think most people with acne bad enough to use the regimen on is going to get clear from a magical combination of scrubs and washes. If you don't want to use BP, though, you can try out salicyclic acid products (leave-on, not washes, look into the Paula's Choice BHA line) which aren't as drying but also aren't as effective against inflammatory acne, tea tree oil, a prescription retinoid like Differin or Retin-A, lots of things. It just takes a lot of money and a lot of experimentation.

I have.

I just started following a good diet, good sleep pattern, water + vitamins, and only washed my face 2 - 3 times a day with plain warm/hot water, and sometimes i used a moisturizer not related to acne. And my skin started clearing up.

I discovered that if I eat unhealthy a lot and don't sleep much, my acne gets worse. (Tested) and trust me, it makes it worse. But my skin is much better off now and heals quicker, also a lot of my red marks have faded, and now the pimples i get aren't big, they are small and I just have 2 - 3 max, very small, barely noticeable and goes away quickly.

So i'm pretty much clear now

Guest Pieces Mended

I have not gotten clear without an acne treatment, but I have kept myself clear without an acne treatment.

She's saying that it took an acne treatment to get her clear in the first place, but once she was clear, she was able to keep herself clear without one.

Guest Calibos
Basically im tired of using stuff like BP because it is ruining my skin and always drying it out. Has anyone ever got there face clear from just using facial washes and an exfoliating face wash. I have the Witch Exfoliating face wash and when reading peoples reviews on it they say it has cleared there spots so i was just curious on whether to try it out. Just want to see what people say before i stop using BP as i can imagine i would breakout ever more than i do now everday.

while this doesnt work for me,my fiancee only uses water to wash his face and he has no spots,he always says i do to much to my face,i dont no