Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faeriedust

has anyone successfully removed their red marks for good?

Posted

I dont mean like lighten. Mine has lightened. But they're still there. Like they cannot be gone for good. Sometimes they seem to have vanished but sometimes they seem to come back again. If you have success, what did you use?

Posted

Aiya, same for me!

I want mine to be TOTALLY vanished!

But, I think only TIME will heal! :doubt:

Posted

Time????????? I dont think so. My scars have been there for months. 1 turned brown and it's still there after years.

Posted

a glycolic cleanser removed my red marks

md formulations sells one...i totally recommend it ...

glycolic, or lactic acids are good for discolorations

Posted

What glycolic cleanser do you use, Nippleleon?

Posted

Im using MD Forte glycolic cleanser. Not sure if it helps to remove red marks.

Posted

I think its more a case of whilst we’re still applying BP (if you are) they will remain and take longer and longer to disappear! One of my mates stopped using BP and after about a month the redmarks had near enough gone.

Posted

Some marks that I had for around 7/8 months disappeared by themselves and some fresher ones I had (1-3 months) faded completely last year when I used ACV last year for a month or so. These ones were very red and then all of a sudden faded so I guess that most red marks have a chance of fading if left alone or given light treatments like exfoliation and the like if they are newer (like 3 years or less).

It is worth noting that the only marks I have are on my cheek as ones on forehead, jaw and chin areas go in few months. I think most people find that the ones on their cheeks take longer to heal than anywhere else.

Posted

the ones on my cheeks fade with time but on my forehead i have bunch that have been there for almost a year.i dont breakout on my forehead anymore but im starting to wonder if they could be scars

Posted

Most people who have completely gotten rid of them, or just gave up - probably don't frequent this board anymore.

Posted
Some marks that I had for around 7/8 months disappeared by themselves and some fresher ones I had (1-3 months) faded completely last year when I used ACV last year for a month or so. These ones were very red and then all of a sudden faded so I guess most that if they are newer (like 3 years or less I think there is good chance they will fade by themselves.

It is worth noting that the only marks I have are on my cheek as ones on forehead, jaw and chin areas go in few months. I think most people find that the ones on their cheeks take longer to heal than anywhere else.

Guest Pieces Mended
Posted

Using AHA's have helped completely rid myself of some redmarks - the others are getting there.

Posted
I think its more a case of whilst we’re still applying BP (if you are) they will remain and take longer and longer to disappear! One of my mates stopped using BP and after about a month the redmarks had near enough gone.

Posted

I’ve got so many red marks on my chin and cheek…its almost as if I have a full face of acne they are that prominent, and have been since they arrived (December, when I started the regimen), I never got red marks or any marks after a zit when I was on Proactive.. It’s without a doubt the BP that is prolonging them, but annoyingly the longer they are there, and the more BP I put on to kill the acne, the darker they are becoming…very frustrating, as I can’t wear anything to cover them up, I’ve tried that EveryDay Minerals and it broke me out.

Posted

Im using Aloe Vera Gel for my red marks...Seems to be working, What is BP though??

Posted

BP=benzoyl peroxide

Posted

Oh ok...im using 10%bp gel on little spots of acne...then i use the aloe for the rest of my face...was does the bp do to the red marks??