Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use it as a moisturizer, but I feel that it doesn't really work that well as one. I think you're going to need another thing along with this.

I began using aloe vera as a solution to what I assumed to be my acne problem (dead, dry skin, and ingrown and infected hairs). Since using for the past month as a shaving gel, aftershave, and as part of a two-step moisturizer (combined with calgon) it has done wonders for my skin. Red marks have been vastly reduced, breakouts aren't as severe anymore (in fact, my breakouts now consist, generally, of one pimple), and my skin's health has definitely improved. My issue, still, is dead skin (I suffer from dry, sensitive skin) so my next step is to find an exfoliator now that a lot of the "acne" I used to have has dramatically decreased.

I suggest trying it out but like anything, it won't be a quick fix. I did notice within the first few days the red marks went down a lot but give it a good month - month and a half before axing or accepting it.

Once again, you're assuming some sort of quick fix for acne which alone takes a month-long cycle to surface. You're not doing yourself any favours by trying it for one night. Use it for a couple weeks before passing a final judgement.

Also, you'll notice after it dries that it almost feels as if your skin is more dry so try using a secondary moisturizer about 7-10 mins after you apply the AV.

I understand where your coming from^^, but I have been through this long enough that there is no "quick fix". I just only want to use it on 1 side of my face for a couple weeks to see what kind of reactions i have.

Another question though.

No where on my aloe vera bottle (98%. Its like Jacks or Johns or something not sure) does it say-wont clog pores or non-cosmedic

No, not alone, mix it in something. Aloe vera is mostly water. It works great, but don't use it alone, use it... but with something mixed in. I use aloe vera + cetaphil. A couple of drops of each, lather it up and slap it on :D (not literally slap it on but you know what I mean).

Works well, very very well.

If your moisturizer is too thick, there's your solution. It also absorbs in better. It works almost like a carrier for your moisturizer to really get into your skin well.

i use aloe vera from the plant, and i have to say IT WORKS!

my regimen.

cetaphil cleanser

neutrogena on the spot

then aloe vera from plant.

It has helped reduce my redmarks ALOT in just 1 week.

No, not alone, mix it in something. Aloe vera is mostly water. It works great, but don't use it alone, use it... but with something mixed in. I use aloe vera + cetaphil. A couple of drops of each, lather it up and slap it on :D (not literally slap it on but you know what I mean).

I use Aloe Vera mixed with Jojoba oil and Neutr. Healthy Face with SA in it. That triple whammy has been working well for me.

Another question though.

No where on my aloe vera bottle (98%. Its like Jacks or Johns or something not sure) does it say-wont clog pores or non-cosmedic

Fruit of the Earth is what I use and a lot of others do as well. It's 100% I believe.

Another question though.

Fruit of the Earth is what I use and a lot of others do as well. It's 100% I believe.

Aloe Vera plus cetaphil moisturizer??

A couple drops of each after i cleanse.