Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Stu :-)

Kefir

Guest Stu :-)

With sucess? Just wanted to hear some of your opinions on this natural type yogurt stuff. Its made by adding these 'kefir grains' to milk and letting it ferment. Im looking for some organic raw milk to make it with. It sounds soo beneificial to the intestnal enviroment im going to give it ago after a detox. Hope i still some how don't break out from it. Im going to chance it though

I've been phoning around to see if my friends still grow them (a long time ago, we used grow kefir and give the fermented milk to the plants) and one of them said she still does, so I'm going to stop by her house someday and get some grains. Haven't tried drinking it yet, but I've heard so much good stuff about Kefir that I'm eager to try. I'll get back to you on my progress. In the meantime, here is a great link:

http://www.kefir.org/kefir_manual.htm

I've already bought the necessary supplies (except a thermometer, which I don't think I'll be needing). Although glass sounds better than plastic, my friend told me that growing the grains in a plastic container is better. They are both ok though.

I made it from raw goat milk and drank it daily for probably about 4-5 months; maybe more. No noticeable differences in my acne. That doesn't mean it isn't good for you, but I wouldn't hold out for it being any kind of miracle cure.

I drink some every day. It tastes good. I buy mine in the store though, so who knows if it still has the same benefits. But I like it.

I tried making it with purchased grains, but it didn't work. I make yogurt from organic milk and a probiotic capsule with billions of different flora. My homeade yogurt is thinner than store bought, so if you want it so you can just stir in juices for a smoothie, this works too.

Ugh...for personal reasons, I can't ask my friend for grains anymore. Where did you guys order your grains from? I have access to store-bought Kefir, but it is quite expensive and I would love to start growing them again.

Ugh...for personal reasons, I can't ask my friend for grains anymore. Where did you guys order your grains from? I have access to store-bought Kefir, but it is quite expensive and I would love to start growing them again.