Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shazzie

Help! My skin is worse than ever!!

Oh My God! I have been prescribed Retin A Gel.....been using it for 3 weeks. The first week, i was really impressed, but since then i have been breaking out big time! I realise that this is normal with this medication but was wondering if people could let me know how long they were like this till they started to see some improvement.

My skin is probably the worse it has ever been. Where there isnt a scar, there is a spot.....where there isnt a spot, there is dry skin. Yuck!

Got my brothers wedding next weekend.....great timing eh!!?? :(

Oh My God! I have been prescribed Retin A Gel.....been using it for 3 weeks. The first week, i was really impressed, but since then i have been breaking out big time! I realise that this is normal with this medication but was wondering if people could let me know how long they were like this till they started to see some improvement.

My skin is probably the worse it has ever been. Where there isnt a scar, there is a spot.....where there isnt a spot, there is dry skin. Yuck!

Got my brothers wedding next weekend.....great timing eh!!?? :(

Continue with the retin a, usually you initial breakout stops like in a month. For you brothers wedding theres nothing you can do except don't go.

Thanks Brandy......3 weeks to go then.....and counting! :-(

I hope it is what my skin needed! I wouldnt want to go through this if it didnt.

Any advice on preventing the dryness?

dude like the same thing happened to me! first few weeks like wow! It's now 2 months and it's getting really bad! If it gets too painful you should stop.

My skin is finally turning the corner from that icky awful stage. Perhaps you can call your derms office and ask them to phone in a perscription for an antibiotic (topical or oral)? That really helped me (I added it in once the IB started to get really bad)... it turned my skin around pretty quick