Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loanstar

Initial breakout after fraxel

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced a bad breakout after having fraxel treatment. This always happens to me after each treatment. Its like pustules of some sort and they can be a bit sore. I am on antibiotics to control acne whilst having fraxel, so i dont know why im breaking out so bad. It usually appears the day after treatment but clears up a few days later.

Does anyone else experience this? :think:

In the fraxel thread, there have been a couple people who have experienced this. I think they several went on antibiotics, like you are doing.

Hi, i was wondering how you are doing now after the years of fraxel.

I just got mine today and i wanted to make sure there were no longterm effects

Just wanto share my story on Fraxel treatment. I've had this treatment done befre but it's nothing close to this treatment I had last week. They put numbing cream on my face for an hour before they perform the treatment and it hurts like he'll. Much more than the treatment I had before. I wonder if it's even the same Fraxel I had in the pass. Maybe this one is repair, and the one I had in the pass is only restore. I'm not sure. First couple of days my face was bronze and peeling. The 4, 5th day I started breaking out. Boil like cystic acne that would later turn into pustules. I freaked out cuz I started breaking out in places that I never did before. Before this treatment was face was pretty much clear, esp cystic acne from taking fish oil. But after this treatment, cystic acne came back around my chin area, like most people have reported. So I guess this is normal to patient with acne prone skin. But I can't stand this breakout becuz it's going to take some more time for these red marks to fade. So I wento my derm and he prescribe me tetracycline. Been taking it for the last 4 days and I have not yet seen any improvement.