Notifications
Clear all

Birth control for acne

MemberMember
(@whatthechelle)

Posted : 03/19/2007 12:49 pm

I'm thinking about going on birth control for my acne. I've never been to a dermatologist so I'm not sure what my acne would be called but I would think it's moderate-persistant. (?)

I'm on Dan's regimen and basically clear, besides a pimple or a couple every now and then and some redmarks which seem everlasting. I want to try birth control because there is this thing you can apply for at planned parenthood where you can get it for free, and because spending an hour and a half a day on a facial regimen gets tiresome and rather depressing :P

So, people who have had experience with this: How well does it work for your skin? Any negative side effects? Thoughts on whether or not I should do it?

Thanks in advance =]

MemberMember
(@rolling-stone)

Posted : 03/25/2007 2:32 pm

well it would be much more convenient for me ;)

MemberMember
(@liveyourlife)

Posted : 03/25/2007 4:13 pm

Birth control isn't for everyone, and if your acne isn't hormonal, it could make it worse. If you still want to go on BC, you're probably not going to get a good brand that is proven to get rid of acne over planned parenthood.

MemberMember
(@sufferinginpa)

Posted : 03/27/2007 10:48 am

My acne is hormonal and Ortho Tricyclen made mine much much worse. It's all about your chemistry and how it will work for you.

MemberMember
(@skylarkreps)

Posted : 05/21/2014 6:25 pm

I'm new to birth control also I was just prescribed Lomedia 24 fe for my skin but have yet to start? Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?