Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatthechelle

Birth control for acne

I'm thinking about going on birth control for my acne. I've never been to a dermatologist so I'm not sure what my acne would be called but I would think it's moderate-persistant. (?)

I'm on Dan's regimen and basically clear, besides a pimple or a couple every now and then and some redmarks which seem everlasting. I want to try birth control because there is this thing you can apply for at planned parenthood where you can get it for free, and because spending an hour and a half a day on a facial regimen gets tiresome and rather depressing :P

So, people who have had experience with this: How well does it work for your skin? Any negative side effects? Thoughts on whether or not I should do it?

Thanks in advance =]

Birth control isn't for everyone, and if your acne isn't hormonal, it could make it worse. If you still want to go on BC, you're probably not going to get a good brand that is proven to get rid of acne over planned parenthood.

I'm new to birth control also I was just prescribed Lomedia 24 fe for my skin but have yet to start? Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?