Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberries

The flu cleared my skin??

I had one of the worst flues I ever had this past 2 weeks. Fever of 102 for 7 days, pain, could not breath. The weirdest thing was my skin cleared up 100%. Now that I am feeling better the acne is back. One think I didn't do is eat anything besides soup. I also took benadrl to easy congestion and help me sleep. You think the fever burnt my acne away?

I get exactly the same, whenever I have a seriously bad cold or flu my skin will clear up dramatically ... and you would think it would have the opposite effect wouldnt you? My guess is that acne is often contributed to an over-active immune system, are body is overreacting to the bacteria on our faces but when you have a cold/flu then the immune system is busy off fighting it .... maybe thats a load of rubbish but it sounds plausible to me :).

I had one of the worst flues I ever had this past 2 weeks. Fever of 102 for 7 days, pain, could not breath. The weirdest thing was my skin cleared up 100%. Now that I am feeling better the acne is back. One think I didn't do is eat anything besides soup. I also took benadrl to easy congestion and help me sleep. You think the fever burnt my acne away?

probably just your immune system working harder and then becoming lazier when the sickness fades

Does benadryl help you sleep good? I have sleeping problems. :shifty:

I had the stomach flu a few months back and for days I didn't eat anything, or wash my face...my skin improved dramatically. I'm not sure whether or not it was because I was severely dehydrated..and my acne dried up? or just not washing my face...either way, being sick sucked but at least I looked good while puking my brains out... :rolleyes: