Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Case N

Getting sick feeling from eating apples

About a week ago now I decided to start eating more fruit because I basically don't eat any

I don't like oranges all that much, and strawberries aren't looking good this time of year in Ohio

So I chose Apples, and my goal is to eat two a day

Every time I eat one I start feeling sick around ten minutes after eating a medium sized one

The feeling persists for about a half hour, sometimes more

It feels like the contents of my stomach are churning and I could almost puke

I don't get it, do I need to switch to some citrus fruit or something?

Last night I ate a golden delicious apple right before bed and couldn't sleep all night because of it

I never like eating too much apple. One is ok but it really gives me a weird feeling afterwards. I cant eat more than one at any given time.

I read a story once about a kid who couldn't tolerate apples, I think it was something about a fructose sensitivity or something. Sorry I can't remember exactly.

Maybe try pears. They're one of the mildest fruits. One of the first fruits that are good for babies to try when introducing foods. And usually tolerated better than apples.

Do you get nausea when you eat anything else besides appples....

I ask because I went through this stage where I got sick when I ate peanutbutter, and then when I had meat in my salad, and then when I drank milk.... my list grew and grew, until I just know now the things that make me feel sick so I avoid them. I used to think I was pregnant, but that was over a year ago and it still persists! Then I thought I was allergic to something, but all of the things that make me feel that way don't have anything I could be allergic to in common.

I am only telling you this because this is the closest I have come to hearing anyone who may be experiencing something similar to me!

I eat an apple everyday and that never has happened. Maybe you have some sort of intolerance to them

I eat an apple everyday and that never has happened. Maybe you have some sort of intolerance to them

when was the last time you ate apples before starting again recently? maybe your body is adjusting or getting used to something in them..same thing happenend to me with starting green tea (even though it has nothing to do with apples). maybe its something similar..by the way i eat 8-10 apples a day lol

I forgot to mention that when I get this sick feeling I also get a headache same time, not too bad but it's annoying.

when was the last time you ate apples before starting again recently? maybe your body is adjusting or getting used to something in them..same thing happenend to me with starting green tea (even though it has nothing to do with apples). maybe its something similar..by the way i eat 8-10 apples a day lol

I get a slight sick feeling from eating a large apple when I'm already mostly full. So I only eat apples when I'm really hungry.

I would hate to be the person who ate 8 to 10 apples a day. I would hate to be that person's toilet.

I don't think I ever heard of apple intolerance.

I sure hope not I like apples

I agree with the person saying that eating them with something else can be aggravating your tummy. Fruits digest rather quickly, if you mix it with protein, starch, or sugar, it might cause gas/upset stomach.

Hope you work it out :D

Hmm that weird. Its an apple a day keeps the dr away not an apple a day makes you want to puke and you need to see your dr. :lol:

Maybe its the red delicious apples. Have you tried green apples or the ones that are green and red mixed?

Hmm that weird. Its an apple a day keeps the dr away not an apple a day makes you want to puke and you need to see your dr. :lol:

Maybe its the red delicious apples. Have you tried green apples or the ones that are green and red mixed?

Im sorry apples are giving you that reaction. Maybe you can try a different fruit. Do you like pairs? I wouldnt recommend them. I think they taste terrible. They are alwasy really dry and I just dont like the taste. If you like it though then maybe you can try those. Otherwise you can buy frozen fruits like an assortment of berries

Im sorry apples are giving you that reaction. Maybe you can try a different fruit. Do you like pairs? I wouldnt recommend them. I think they taste terrible. They are alwasy really dry and I just dont like the taste. If you like it though then maybe you can try those. Otherwise you can buy frozen fruits like an assortment of berries

Unfortunately you can become intolerant to just about any food. Apparently I have a high intolerance for Pears...

Unfortunately you can become intolerant to just about any food. Apparently I have a high intolerance for Pears...