Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texasyeehaw

Microwaved food

I'm a college student and I've been eating a lot of frozen dinners for the past 1.5 years. I read an article on how bad microwaved food was for the body. I stopped eating microwaved food and my acne has improved a lot. Just thought I'd share this info.

http://www.relfe.com/microwave.html

http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards.htm

I've also been using lemon juice wash and omega 3 but I noticed a lot of improvement after I stopped microwaving my food. Any thoughts on this?

Good luck!

well lets think about microwave dinners

probably

high in saturated fat

high in sodium

high in omega 6

enriched grains (white noodles, breading, etc.)

refined sugar

seems like an acne disaster waiting to happen all rolled into one convenient package

the only food item that i might microwave these days are some whole wheat noodles or brown rice if they have been in the fridge/freezer for a while

Guest j3ff86

Microwaving food is not bad for you (all it does is vibrate the water molecules), but the microwave food you buy in the freezer section is generally horrible for you.

Guest Stu :-)

altough microwaving foods has been proven to destroy vitamins and minerals far quicker as opposed to light frying steaming etc

Guest j3ff86
altough microwaving foods has been proven to destroy vitamins and minerals far quicker as opposed to light frying steaming etc

I read somewhere that microwaving meat too much can mess up amino acids because the meats tend to cook faster than the other foods and they overcook giving a really rough feeling. But don't quote me.

probably

high in saturated fat

high in sodium

high in omega 6

refined sugar

seems like an acne disaster waiting to happen all rolled into one convenient package

the only food item that i might microwave these days are some whole wheat noodles or brown rice if they have been in the fridge/freezer for a while

probably

high in saturated fat

high in sodium

high in omega 6

refined sugar

Lean cuisine has come a long way, but it's way too expensive. For me it would take $10 for a meal, and I can do so much better than lean cuisine than that.

Lean cuisine has come a long way, but it's way too expensive. For me it would take $10 for a meal, and I can do so much better than lean cuisine than that.