Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jk087

Greasy Skin

Hey guys,

I've been on the DKR for about half a year and I've been having great results (knock on wood).

Although my skin's pretty clear, I have a seriousissue with oily, greasy, like you can cook a bucket

of fried chicken, skin.

Basically after I wash my face, my skin would start getting oil in about 45 minutes, it's pretty disgusting.

I can go through about a third of the clean and clear blotting sheets in one day if I wanted to but I think

that it is irritating my skin. And whenever I am with my friends, I have to go to the bathroom every hour

to blot my skin and it gets really, really annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cut out simple/refined carbs (enriched wheat flour = white death) and start taking a few tablespoons of fish oil a day

ie.

no white bread

no white buns, bagels

no white noodles (go for whole wheat or brown rice noodles)

no white rice

no chips, pastries, cookies, ice cream, etc.

i did this 2 months ago and my oiliness has decreased dramatically

at the end of a 14-16 hour day the only area of my face with visible oil buildup is the front of my nose whereas before my temples, t-zone and nose were quite oily within a matter of hours after washing

another piece of advice i have which is debated a lot on these boards is to wash/dip with just hot/warm water, many people believe (and many don't) that just the action of rubbing your face with your fingers with cleansers for several minutes induces irritation, inflammation and as a result more oil secretion

^ Bolgona.

Only way to get rid of oil is to take a course of Accutane. It shrinks oil glands and halts the oil secretion. Diet change or dipping your face in warm/hot water and cleansing with your fingers wont do a thing!

Jk087 all you can do is wash frequently, blot and I suggest Clinac OC8 oil absorbing cream..

diet does not cause oily skin.

true, but since sebum is made up of fat, a diet with the right fats (balanced omega 3 to omega 6) will change what your sebum consists of, making it less likely to cause acne

I'm not sure about the diet-acne correlation...3 years ago I cut out pretty much all of the simple carbs listed and I've seen no change in my skin's oil production whatsoever. But then, every treatment is different for everyone, so...

^ Bolgona.

Only way to get rid of oil is to take a course of Accutane. It shrinks oil glands and halts the oil secretion. Diet change or dipping your face in warm/hot water and cleansing with your fingers wont do a thing!

Jk087 all you can do is wash frequently, blot and I suggest Clinac OC8 oil absorbing cream..

yes so clearly i did some magical spell to reduce my oil dramatically in the past few months

another ignorant person who keeps spouting "medication is the key!"