Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirge

Just a few more questions about TTO...

My friend just gave me a bottle of Tea Tree Oil 100% - I was wondering how to apply it. If I want to dilute it, what might I dilute it with? I don't have baby oil around the house, or jojoba oil either; I was hoping there was something I currently have that I can use. If not, I will gladly purchase some.

Do I subsitute it for BP? Spot treat with 100% then smear a diluted amount on after washing my face?

I noticed my AcneFree has TTO in it...will it be a TTO overload for my face?

Sorry for all the questions; I'm just wary about trying something new when I've been disappointed by so many things.

Thank you! <3

You can dilute it with distilled water or purified water to make a toner. I wouldn't mix with mineral oil like you mentioned, but the jojoba would be ok. I wouldn't put it on straight all over the face, but spot treating with 100% is ok.. The amount in your product is probably not very large, so it would probably be ok to use in conjuction. Just don't use too many products with active ingredients to treat your acne your skin might react negatively

I just started using it last night and this morning. I get a slight tingly sensation at first when I use pure TTO. I'm weening off of the BP. Mandy advised that weening off of it would be best to avoid my face going into chaos.

Don't use 100% all over, only spot treat unless you dilute it with something other than water (they seperate) I use 100% TTO for spot treating only, and works great, but I can only use it for the day or two that the pimple is at it's worst, anything less just irritates it, making it redder and last longer.

Thanks.

I just put some on my nose and lower cheeks, and just that small amount is making my eyes water. o.o