Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basically it's a 3 step thing, like Proactiv. You have a Purifying Cleasner, Renewing Toner (skin balancing solution), and a Repair Lotion with time released BP. In the other thread it was mixed even, good with bad stories. However I am saying it's a good product and gentle. I think sometimes people tend to overuse products, thinking "Oh I need to use a little bit extra" I know we've all been there. But, if you're contistent with your applications and don't overuse, then it will work. I'm always gentle, washing your face should be pleasant.

Anyway, I've used this product for about 2 weeks, maybe a little less. And I really enjoy it. I decided to switch to something else, I was using like Oxy Max Strength Wash and Cream which was pretty good, kept me acne free, but would dry me all out, especially with the winter. The acne free can be a little drying if you use too much and/or rush the steps. Take your time while doing it giving about 2 minutes between steps if possible. It should seems like your putting something new on your face each time, not just mixing it all together.

I promote this product. I've always used Proactiv in the past, and it worked good, but then stopped having the same success after awhile. I'm pretty clear and my skin tone is alot more even, thats the biggest difference I see. And, its only $20.00, I was in CVS Pharmacy and was about to pick up the Oxy I'd been using and decided to try if for the little bit more. I heard you can get it even cheaper at a Wal-Mart. Any thoughts? Success?

I used the Regimen on this site before also, worked great to begin with, but then went downhill.

I used it for about six weeks. Recently I stopped using it and switched to Olay. Now Im considering changing to Paulas Choice. AcneFree was alright but I still broke out constantly everywhere. It didnt do much for me but it was better than proactiv

Products like AcneFree and Proactiv are great for adult acne, meaning 21+. But maybe with all the changes in teens body's you need something stronger. Like I said I was using that OXY Max Strength Wash, it had 10% BP, which definately killed the acne, but it made me REAL dry. And when you get that dry, then your skin produces more oil to compensate, so my face was in a state of looking real dry and being greasy at times underneath, not a good combo at all. You never want to be too greasy or too dry. The AcneFree stuff started working right away, and I will continue to post at my progress continues.

Starting out I had some spots on my forehead, and some around my lip and chin area. Then wore a hat because I got a bad hair cut, lol. I knew I would get at least one more spot, I got two, so that made like 5 total, but that was only like 3 days ago, and they are fading away pretty well. I notice my skin tone is evening out and my overall complexion looks healthier.

I used it for about two months, and save for a few cystic outbreaks, at the time I stopped using it, I didn't have a single outbreak.

Alas, my doctor told me to try something else, which I currently have my faith in, that does not mesh well with the AcneFree program. I still use the face wash, and sometimes use the BP, and with my mino, it's actually seems to be clearing up. I have three cysts on their way out right now. -hopeful-

I used it for about two months, and save for a few cystic outbreaks, at the time I stopped using it, I didn't have a single outbreak.

Alas, my doctor told me to try something else, which I currently have my faith in, that does not mesh well with the AcneFree program. I still use the face wash, and sometimes use the BP, and with my mino, it's actually seems to be clearing up. I have three cysts on their way out right now. -hopeful-

Good for you! Yeah, I haven't experienced any other breakouts since I started using it, hopefully it keeps up. I'm drinking more water now too, which helps.

I'm an adult and Proactiv did nothing for me, I hated it.

I've not tried this acne free but if it's similar I'd be dubious, I guess the best idea is to try it out and see :)

Well, I believe there are slight differences between AcneFree and Proactiv, the BP amounts possibly in the products differ slightly. But, I know acnefree has a time released BP lotion, I don't know if Proactiv offers that.

Also, they offer a trial pack, all you pay is S&H, it's like $6.95. They also offer some other NEW things:

POWER PIMPLE PEEL:

2 Step Treatment With Hydroxy & Salicylic Acids Plus Vitamin C

Dramatically Fades Pimples & Post-Acne Marks

Exfoliating Treatment Helps Prevent Breakouts

Visibly Erases Acne Marks to Reveal More Even-Toned, Clear Skin

Step 1 – 1.5oz Power Pimple Peel

Step 2 – 1.5oz Oil-Free pH Balancing Moisturizer 14.95

A scar fade erase product.

And another AcneFree system for SEVERE acne.

You check out the website for details if you wanna. I saw the pimple peel thing and the system for severe acne at CVS when I went, I might try out the scar fade thing for a pesky mark I have.

www.acnefree.com