Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

Jojoba Oil before or after bp?

Some people use it before the BP, but Dan's preferred method is to add a few drops in your palm and mix it with your moisturizer then apply it.

neat :D , is it ok to use it before AND after? to bring the effects of the moutirizer even deeper into the pores?

yea i use to wash it with cleanser and then massage jojoba oil in my face and wash it off again. but i dont think this way would absorb bp in better then putting it on while its dry , any comments?

Guest Calibos

why would you apply jojoba oil and then wash it off again? its like buying a new tv and smashing it.

As said before, Jojoba is a carrier oil, it can enhance the effect of Benzoyl peroxide and is also a nifty moisturiser.

I wash my face, then apply about 5 drops of jojoba on to my face, once its throughly rubbed in, i apply (if need be, i dont use it much at all anymore) BP to the affected areas, then usually before im about to go to bed (usually about 4 - 5 hours later) i apply some more oil to my face for extra moisture.

Its great stuff, dont wash it off mate :D

why would you apply jojoba oil and then wash it off again? its like buying a new tv and smashing it.

As said before, Jojoba is a carrier oil, it can enhance the effect of Benzoyl peroxide and is also a nifty moisturiser.

I wash my face, then apply about 5 drops of jojoba on to my face, once its throughly rubbed in, i apply (if need be, i dont use it much at all anymore) BP to the affected areas, then usually before im about to go to bed (usually about 4 - 5 hours later) i apply some more oil to my face for extra moisture.

Its great stuff, dont wash it off mate :D

Is there any possibility that jojoba oil can cause you to break out? I've read a lot about it and how it's supposed to be great for your skin, but ever since I began using it, I've been breaking out. I stopped using it and stopped breaking out. And I use Dan's cleanser and BP, and Complex 15. And I was using the jojoba oil that was recommended here.

:think:

Is there any possibility that jojoba oil can cause you to break out? I've read a lot about it and how it's supposed to be great for your skin, but ever since I began using it, I've been breaking out. I stopped using it and stopped breaking out. And I use Dan's cleanser and BP, and Complex 15. And I was using the jojoba oil that was recommended here.

You can get a 4oz bottle of Desert Essence Jojoba oil at Trader Joes for just a few bucks. I think I paid $4 for it. It's at least twice that everywhere else. and that bottle will last and last and last.

I had been using it only at night after the pro-active treatment. (I've got a half bottle of proactiv left so I'm just trying to finish it up, I really don't like that product line at all.) but now I'm adding 2-3 drops to cetaphil lotion in the morning because I've been so extra day and flaky lately. Then I use my regular light lotion +spf. It really really keeps the flakes away. I'm going to try apply the jojoba immediatly after washing, before the BP, because I'm really not the biggest fan of Cetaphil lotion. so if there is anyway I can eliminate it I would like too. While it gets ride of the flakes, it makes me feel a little sticky.

I'd like to add that it's been about 4.5 weeks on my modified-Dan regimen and my face looks amazing. No breakouts at all, just fighting the flakes and the red-marks left behind.

Since Monday night I've now been putting 2-3 drops Jojoba oil on immediately after washing / toning my face, before BP and moisturizer and it is working amazingly well. My flakes are totally controlled!

YAY!

You can get a 4oz bottle of Desert Essence Jojoba oil at Trader Joes for just a few bucks. I think I paid $4 for it.

I'd say it's possible that any product you use can break you out, just some are more likely than others. It certainly could be the jojoba oil, but it also could be a coincidence. I usually suspect the latter unless the product has known problem ingredients, especially if you aren't completely clear or haven't been clear for altogether that long, since then you can't really tell if it was just a normal breakout or caused by the product.

Has anyone experienced redness and itching after applying? I started using it a few days ago, but today especially I am very red under my eyes and around my mouth and chin – could this be because of the Jojoba Oil?

for the guys who apply it after cleansing,,

do you apply it on the whole face including eyes' area? because I'm afraid that when applying BP, it would sneak into the eyes area...