Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aknute

depression....yes another topic I know..different question

So I have my derm appt on Tuesday and I was experiencing depression last year before i started tane. Now on tane the symptoms are coming back. Do I tell the derm? I dont want to be off the med or have it lowered? I dont know what to do?! Any help would be great

Depending upon the severity of your depression I would definetely adress it with your dr. You might trying taking some steps on your own prior to bringing it up with the dr. You could try taking a fish oil supplement high in DHA/EPA fat (make sure it is not cod liver oil too high in vitamin A). And also you could look at the supplement SAM-e which is natrually occuring in the body but is said to be low in individuals with depression. It primarily promotes the production of the nerotransmitter serotonin and somewhat dopamene. (the same nerotransmitters regular prescription anti depressants affect.) Try googling Omega 3's and depression and SAM-e and depression see what ya think. :) Also feel free to message me with any questions.

I would tell him, after all he is putting his trust in you to tell him these kinds of things, his license is on the line if something happens to you.(ie suicide attempt) I experienced depression and he sent me to counseling. He will probably do the same for ya.

And also you could look at the supplement SAM-e which is natrually occuring in the body but is said to be low in individuals with depression.

just curious, have u got any experience with the SAM-e?

Yep. I have taken it on and off since November with great results. After having done an extensive amount of reading on it it really seems like the most appropriate method for treating depression/mood issues while avoiding the SSRI/SNRI's. There is a great article on it over at www.lef.org. If you look into it for yourself be very careful of the where you purchase it from. Nature Made and the Life Extension foundation are said to be the two best companies to order it from in terms of purity and potency. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :cool: