Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Just cant take it anymore.....

I remember going to the doctors about 7 years ago about my acne and he asked me if i had ever felt suicidial, i felt kind of strange then and said of course not, and he just explained that he only asked it because it can get to people that way. Now im almost 20 and i can now understand as to why people can feel that way as i feel pretty close right now. For me though i would never actually do it, i would just end up crying about it as i have been which is just sad really.

I would say throughout my school and college days i have known about 3 people who suffered from acne, which at the time was much worse than me, yet they are now all clear and 2 of them are younger than me. I am jealous of these but also all of my friends who never get any spots and im even jealous of my girlfriend who has a very clear face.

Its starting to affect me so much that im no longer even able to do things, just an example of this is when i stayed over at my friends, he asked me to go somewhere with him the next day, yet i was worried and couldnt due to been scared in what the condition of my face would be. Its pathetic and just feel as if i cant stand it anymore, i just think its runing my life. I dont think my parents or anyone from my family understands how its effecting me, when they say look i even get spots and they have 1 spot on the rest of there clear face i feel as if they are humouring me.

This is stupis but i just had to write how i feel as im not able to talk about it to anyone i know.

I completely understand what you mean people don't understand what it is like. If they are teasing you tell them to "'fuck off". I don't care who it is, no one has the right to make fun of you for something that is COMPLETELY out of your control. It's not because of your hygeine habits it's just some dumbass disease that won't go away.

Feel free to vent. You have to do it somewhere. Your best bet is to get serious about treating it (ie. accutane or antibiotics).

I love having a girlfriend but i cant ever see her without having to put some concealer on my face, if i am not in a place where im not able to cover the red marks and spots on my face before seeing her i wont go. It just takes the fun and excitement away from it, i just want my face clear so bad that i can just go and see her whenever.

After sunday night, i felt pretty positive on Monday and also this morning, but just an hour ago i turned and feel awful again. I cant be bothered with talking to anyone, it feels as if everyone in my family is hanging around me on purpose and its making me very mad inside and just feel as if i could snap.

Well Saturday is a day i have been looking forward to for a while now....but my face has decided to delevop three massive spots above my lip, so now theres no chance of me having any fun on Saturday. Its ruined and i shall look awful, just another step to destroying my life.

you could have it much worse... you could be burnt to a crisp, you could be born without your limbs, you could be blind or deaf.

Why havnt you tried accutane yet?

To be honest i think im scared of trying it, just the way everyone says they brake out when first starting to take it,if i broke out worse than i do now i would be very very down. Also does the acne come back as soon as you stop taking it?

Agreed. I just started and it isn't bad at all. I too was nervous about using it for treating mild acne.

I did go to the doctors abit ago and he gave me Minocycline, i never started to take them though because i didnt like what i read about them. It seemed as though they didnt cure acne and as soon as anyone finsihed taking them the acne came back.

Ive felt awful again tonight, and stupidly ended up ripping out the keyboard on the computer and throwing a glass of water, my mum is now making me go to the doctor. I know he will question as to why i havnt taken the Minocycline, what are the chances he will let me go on Accutane?

I know this isnt the right bit to be talking about this really but you guys are been really helpful to me, ive just looked up on accutane and the side effects look pretty daunting although im not sure how much of them you would actually go through. Anyway the website said that it was pretty much the last thing to try if nothing else worked so would you recommend i should try the Minocycline first?

you have to weigh the good with the bad..what are you willing to tolerate in order to gain clear skin? A month of an IB of possibly years with the acne you have now?

if you do your research you'll decide what's right for you but accutane has saved so many peoples skin - and some of them like Lily didn;t even get an IB. You really can't continue to let acne run or ruin your life..this is the only one you have and one day you're going to look back on this and kick yourself for wasting so much time.

if you are tired enough of the acne then you'll try accutane or at least take the meds the derm gave you.

good luck.

I know this isnt the right bit to be talking about this really but you guys are been really helpful to me, ive just looked up on accutane and the side effects look pretty daunting although im not sure how much of them you would actually go through. Anyway the website said that it was pretty much the last thing to try if nothing else worked so would you recommend i should try the Minocycline first?

Im starting to wish i had taken the Minocycline when i was given them, i think the doctor will make me try these before letting me go on Accutane. The only thing that worries me is how everyone says that Minocycline is only a temporary solution and that the acne will come back eventually.

And when you say about acne running and ruining my life, i think it completely rules my life. Every single day im thinking about it, it affects decisions i make, it affects what i do and what im able to do, im so sick of it and tonight has really shown. My mum is making me go to the doctors as it is really stressing me out at the moment.

My doctor doesnt want me to take accutane, and would prefer i take Minocycline. I dont want to waste my time taking something i dont want to take though, and when i finish it i just know the spots will come back. Guess im just going to have to just keep cleansing my face everyday, put BP where any spots are and any moisturiser where theres dry skin. I know it wont work, nothing ever does.

i can't take it anymore too. life is not fair why me why me????? everyday when i look at myself in the mirror i would cry and cry and cry. I want to go back in the past when i was kid mayn. how i wish to go swimming without feeling selr conscious. its affecting my school life and i don't feel like talkin to anyone anymore. I don't want to do my hw either. All i want to do is sleep and hide until i wake up from this acne nightmare.