Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carolyn16

I stopped BP, and skin looks better than ever?

I've been on the regimen since July '06. Clean&Clear Morning Burst Cleanser, On-the-Spot BP, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ AHA. My skin has been looking good...I still break out but definitely not as bad as I used to. But- I ran out of BP a few nights ago, so I've just been cleansing and using the Neutrogena AHA, and my skin has never looked better. It feels so smooth and the red spots look a lot lighter. So my question is, is it safe to discontinue my BP use and just use my cleanser and moisturizer w/ AHA? Or is this just a short term thing and I'll eventually get a bad breakout from the lack of BP?

It's probably because the BP is drying out your skin and making it look red, so it makes it look worse. Without the BP your skin will be less dry and irritated so will look better. However, if you stop using BP you will probably start breaking out..

yeah this happens to me too. my skin looks soo much better when i stop using it for a couple nights..but then it will eventually break out.

Guest Mumblesorusjen

maybe you guys should try using it everyother night. It might actually be better for the skin. Since your skin gets a little break

i used bp for around 6 years it worked for a while but then my acne came back worse. I stopped using it 7 months ago and the first 3 months without out it I still broke out but now I'm clear and my skin feels and looks so much better!! My red marks are almost totally gone. When I used bp the red marks just stayed and stayed. I thought I would have to use bp forever but now I basically just use water, cetaphil, acv and aloe vera gel.

maybe you guys should try using it everyother night. It might actually be better for the skin. Since your skin gets a little break

i used bp for around 6 years it worked for a while but then my acne came back worse. I stopped using it 7 months ago and the first 3 months without out it I still broke out but now I'm clear and my skin feels and looks so much better!! My red marks are almost totally gone. When I used bp the red marks just stayed and stayed. I thought I would have to use bp forever but now I basically just use water, cetaphil, acv and aloe vera gel.

Are you still breaking out Mandy? After I stopped bp I still broke out but I had ups and downs. One week my skin was pretty clear then the next it would be worse it was back and forth but after a few months it got to a point where it really started to get better and better! That's good you stopped using it, your young yet so your skin will heal good. Another reason I stopped was I noticed my skin was starting to look really dull and aged. Not wrinkled but just kinda rough looking. It looks more rosier and young again now. I'm only 26 I don't want to look old yet. Aloe is great I use it everyday. I love acv too!

Yeah Melodie, when I was using it.. my skin just looked sooo unhealthy and dull and redmarked :( I don't regret stopping it one bit. I slowly came off of it though so I haven't noticed breakouts TOO bad from stopping it.. I am having my ups and downs too. I did get my most horrible breakout of my life though after I started using a soap called ZUM.. I know my breakout was from that because I was getting toooooooooonns of zits in places I rarely applied BP, like around my mouth (I was paranoid of wrinkles). The breakout may have been a mixture of changing into a new regimen/the horrible soap. I will keep my chin up though and hope that in a few months that things get better :)

Yeah this happened to me as well, hopefully my face clears up for good soon. As for my bacne I only get occasional zits but I think the Head and Shoulders trick really helps as I've been using it for one month or so and my back, arms, are looking much better.

I do actually only use BP during the day now. I reduced it about 4 months ago to try Green Cream at night because I am old and wanted something for anti-aging. ;)

I'm also on the do nothing approach.

I only use cetaphil cleanser, then moisturize with jojoba oil when the skin is still wet. Overall, face is looking better. I'm getting more whiteheads, but less inflamed zits that hurt and take forever to clear.

However, my main problem is in fact red marks. No matter how small or big the bump is, and even if i don't touch it at all - the red mark lingers for months! I'm not sure how to combat this, or even if i should given i still have a small bit of active acne.

I'm also on the do nothing approach.

I only use cetaphil cleanser, then moisturize with jojoba oil when the skin is still wet. Overall, face is looking better. I'm getting more whiteheads, but less inflamed zits that hurt and take forever to clear.

However, my main problem is in fact red marks. No matter how small or big the bump is, and even if i don't touch it at all - the red mark lingers for months! I'm not sure how to combat this, or even if i should given i still have a small bit of active acne.

It's probably because the BP is drying out your skin and making it look red, so it makes it look worse. Without the BP your skin will be less dry and irritated so will look better.

I haven't decided if i want to use AHA products or not given the fact i'm on the do nothing approach, and really just want to leave my skin to heal itself - since i believe i'm at that point of outgrowing acne, and all this time i've just been agitating my face with all sorts of things.

My skin can last around 2-4 weeks without BP then begins breaking out pretty bad.

Really? I am lucky if i get 3days out of mine.

even if i go out one night and dont get back till 2am in the morning and decide to just crash and skip the BP application, the next morning I will have 2 or 3 new zits on my face. my face loves BP and the regimen as a whole so I see no reason to stop.

Even after 5 years I find that, if I miss even just one day, I will get a break out. The acne is obviously still lurking, and it's the bp keeping things at bay.

I imagine it's gonna be short lived. Your skin will look better because it's not having to tollerate BP. The bacteria wouldn't have build up yet but give it a week or two and you'll probably break out like crazy and end up having to start the regimen all over.

I've been there and done it. A few times.