Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serendipity_

Flakey pimples, yeah i know...kinda gross

im always having trouble with putting on my makeup over my actives.the bigger ones are always kind of flakey, not scabby, but flakey.ive tried putting on more moisturizer on it before my MU but it doesnt help.is there maybe a good way to go about gently exfoiliating them?because they just make it more noticeable that im wearing MU :wacko:

there is a good way to go about preventing them in the first place - stop using those harsh spot treatments, woman! :lol: i KNOW you put both BP and neosporin on your zits... :naughty:

there is a good way to go about preventing them in the first place - stop using those harsh spot treatments, woman! :lol: i KNOW you put both BP and neosporin on your zits... :naughty:

i use complex 15 twice a day, morning and night

its weird though, i have this big nodule like pimple on my left cheek,although its starting to finally die down, and it peels everyday...no matter if i spot treat it or not

ah.. i'm not familiar with that product. i'm assuming that's a topical acne med?

anybody here using topicals who could help Hanna?

ah.. i'm not familiar with that product. i'm assuming that's a topical acne med?

anybody here using topicals who could help Hanna?

I use BP over my whole face (DKR) & I'll spot treat the occasional zit with neosporin & dont get flaky dried out pimples anymore (thanks goodness, cuz those are impossible to conceal well....I feel your pain!).

Jojoba oil is great for making your skin really soft & flake free. I use a moisturizer with an aha to exfoliate. It's the most gentle way for me :shrug:, even if I scrub gently to exfoliate I run the risk of irritating an active zit & making it infected again. It's best to let a scab come off on it's own in the long run.

Guest Pieces Mended

I agree on AHA's. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion for sensitive skin is VERY gentle, but gets the job done with. If not that, I use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion or the Souffle...but if you are just starting the DKR and all that, I wouldn't reccomend the Alpha Hydrox products, but the HSFL should be fine at night.

A SMALL SMALL SMALL SMALL dab of vaseline under the concealer will help. Just be careful to powder it over or else it will rub off super easy :D

thanks for all the replies everyone.about letting it scab off on its own, i would...but its just flaking, not scabbing, like crazy and wont stop. i do have an AHA moisturizer...eucerin intensive repair.it does wonders for my dry skin and feet, maybe it would be worth a try on my face.any thoughts?

A SMALL SMALL SMALL SMALL dab of vaseline under the concealer will help. Just be careful to powder it over or else it will rub off super easy :D