Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Well, its soon going to be spring, and the sun is going to come out..and i have red marks.

I've heard that the sun is not good for the red marks...and i've heard that it is good

but what about trying to get tan to hide your red marks? will that prolong them and make them worse?

i've like never worn sunblock really for the sun, and i had a little bit of acne and redmarks before, and i just forgot about them, and never saw them again.

this winter i got a decent amount of acne, more than ever, but that went down, and now I get like only 1 or 2 pimples a week, but have a ton of redmarks from the previous acne, im using scarzone to treat them, for like 3 days and i noticed that its helping, but it has SPF15, and i only put it around my redmarks, which is on my cheeks...so with the sun + scarzone, ill get like a tan everywhere but my cheeks which would look so messed up

so when the sun is out constantly, should i just stop the scarzone and get a tan?

If you could help/have had any real experience with this, please post something, it would help me so much, honestly. please no, like ,inferring i dont want to get confused, if you've had experience with sun and redmarks please give me some tips on what to do

thank you

Posted

sun is bad. wear a sunblock that guards against uva and uvb rays. any good dermatologist will tell you the same. the sun makes melanocytes (the cells that produce melanin) to overproduce and make your skin hyperpigmentated.

Posted

personally tanning has never made my acne spots stay longer infact tanning is like a coverup I hardly where makeup in the summer bc tanning just makes my skin completely eventoned and in all honestly the sun + beach watyer only improves any marks I have and acne .. I remember several times going to the beach with acne and coming home with hardly any left bc the sun and sea water dried it all up and healed alot of my marks. So I am a big fan of the beach too bad it is only like 5 months I can enjoy it then back to cold and pale skin :(

PS it isnt the actual tan that causes cancer and pigmentation but getting a sun burn constantly is reslly bad for you thats what leads to cancer and damaged skin. Even when ycou do wear sun block you wont burn but you still tan .. there isnt much u can do about that except wear a hat long pants and a long shirt which is nuts in humid 90 degree weather.

Posted

Thats bout what all i have left now is red and dark spots...i tan really easy so it shouldnt be no problem...Is there anything i should watch out for in the sun screen...because i dont want any breakouts or anything like that from it

Posted

A tan is your skin's response to an injury....you're skin is already injured, hence the red spot. Tan already inured skin and you'll really be kicking yourself when sun damage (brown spots) starts showing up down the road. You think red spots are a pain to get rid of? Wait till the sun damage starts bothering you.

Posted

well u can really not get a tan unless u seriously stay indoors all summer. when I was a kid my mom always put SPF 30 on us even when just playing outside and at the end of the summer we were always golden brown .. no sun burns just tan .... so SPF doesn't prevent the tan just the burning.

If I really do get sun spots which could happen my my boyfriends mom has them on her face from worshipping the sun I mean ridiculously and it isn't that bad tho nothing laser treatment couldnt fix. I only tan during spring and summer and it isn't even everyday most of the time I get a tan just from being outside in general. Alot of ppl tan ALLLLL YEAR ROUND those are the ones who need to be preached too. Especially seeing as I have noticed that stupid tanning beds burn then eventually you tan unlike the sun for me even without sunscreen I din't get burned.

Posted
Thats bout what all i have left now is red and dark spots...i tan really easy so it shouldnt be no problem...Is there anything i should watch out for in the sun screen...because i dont want any breakouts or anything like that from it

Posted

There are spf's in gel form that are non-greasy.

Posted

not in lotions as in alot of facial moisturizers like cetaphil for example alrdy has SPF in it and wow was it greasy. but like i said if i dont burn what am i protecting myself from really? bc like i said even with an SPF you still tan and if tanning is just as bad then SPF companies should make SPF products that cause u to not tan or burn.

Posted

You protect yourself from more damage than you do with using nothing. What kind? Frequent and/or prolonged, unprotected exposure to sunlight causes premature aging of the skin: loss of firmness, wrinkles, broken capillaries, hyperpigmentation, dryness, etc.... It damages. It damages more when you use nothing. Facts from the Skin Cancer Foundation:

- Up to 90 percent of the visible skin changes commonly attributed to aging are caused by the sun. These changes can be seen as early as in ones 20's.

- Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is a proven human carcinogen, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. ( you get this everyday not just from burns.....and it'll get you right through a window when you're inside or in your car too)

- One blistering sunburn in childhood more than doubles a person’s chances of developing melanoma later in life.

-A person’s risk for skin cancer doubles if he or she has had just five or more sunburns.

- There is no such thing as a healthy tan. A tan is the skin's response to the sun's damaging rays.

- Skin damage occurs with each unprotected exposure and accumulates over the course of a lifetime.

So it's not just burns but the accumulation of damage to your skin over a long period of time that can potentially cause cancer and will cause other problems. I'm not trying to be preachy but you asked...and there are people who do want, care, and should know. :)

Posted

You all seem like Women with their Fad Diets... The Sun is Not Bad for you... Too much exposure to the sun isn't good tho... 2-3 hours of sun each day is really good for you... Hell i cleared up on my vacation where i was exposed to nothing but sun :shifty:

Posted

yeah i'm not going to like seriously tan just for the sake of tanning..i just honestly really hate these redmarks =(

Posted

Sun is like a Vitamin Bank... but i use Centrum :shifty:

Posted

some sun def doesnt hurt. ppl who say omg u have to wear spf oh no really piss me off because its definately gonna mark ur marks look worse wen ur freakin pale. for me getting tan definately helps marks and even large pores cuz it tightens up ur skin. my opinion: sun is very good wen u have acne/marks, as long as u dont over do it because with all the creams and stuff ppl use some ppls skin burn easily