Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

where all the B5 people?

where all the B5 people? did they get cured and leave or is anyone still here trying to figure out a way? We gotta start looking at trends of people disappearing off these forums... some people might find the cure and just vanish. I know I wouldnt be on here anymore if I found the cure... ive wasted TOO MUCH of my life already.

There are people on a hair loss forum. They took b5 for acne, and now that their acne is gone, they are losing their hair big time. DO NOT DO IT. There are many side effects. It's not worth it, especially in mega doses

Ive been doin b5 for about a month, give or take a few days. Im still finishing the initial breakout, which BLOWS, might i add. It was kinda weird, i had like 2 IBs. When i first started taking b5, the first week seemed tohave no effect. Second week i broke out like hell, and it sucked. Beginning of the third week was like a gap in my IB orsomething, because i was starting to clear for like 3 days, then i broke out like hell again. Now, im starting to clear from the initial breakout(s), and hopefully in the next week ill see some nice results, and a more even skin tone.

By the way, ive had 0 side effects, thus far. I know it may be too early to judge, but oh well. My hair feels good, no stomach problems, only thin ive noticed is i can sleep less and feel equally refreshed. Like, im on a break from school right now, and typically on break, ill sleep 10-12 hours per night. When not on break, ill typically sleep 8-10 hours per night (I make sure to stay well rested). But, now, it seems that 6 hours is all i need. For example, last night i was at a friends party until 2 A.M. Came home, went to sleep fast, and i woke up at 8:30. I tried going back to bed, it just didnt feel like i needed to.

There are people on a hair loss forum. They took b5 for acne, and now that their acne is gone, they are losing their hair big time. DO NOT DO IT. There are many side effects. It's not worth it, especially in mega doses

Stop scaremongering people and telling them what to do, I appreciate you're on a fish oil campaign, but that doesn't work for everyone (like me, makes not even the slightest difference, B5 does though). I've been on B5 for ages and its definitely helped a lot. No sign of even a tiny amount of hairloss, its probably better than ever. I've been 99% clear for a few months, have had a very few small spots, but so small as to be trivial for me. (Main problem was cystic acne).

As with anything its naturally well worth being aware of any potential side effects, the same with accutane etc. If there are any side effects that start which are unpleasant, then naturally stop it or reduce the dosage.

Stop scaremongering people and telling them what to do, I appreciate you're on a fish oil campaign, but that doesn't work for everyone (like me, makes not even the slightest difference, B5 does though). I've been on B5 for ages and its definitely helped a lot. No sign of even a tiny amount of hairloss, its probably better than ever. I've been 99% clear for a few months, have had a very few small spots, but so small as to be trivial for me. (Main problem was cystic acne).

As with anything its naturally well worth being aware of any potential side effects, the same with accutane etc. If there are any side effects that start which are unpleasant, then naturally stop it or reduce the dosage.

ive done b5, but stopped because i wasnt able to get any more pills. worked great, no side effects. luckily my face washing regimen is working real good, but im gonan start using b5 again soon for the oillyness-prevention

I wouldnt go back to that stuff, i'm not trying to scare anyone but its not good for you and expensive too. Its a fact that it will at some point start making you hair thin, you'll become deficient in other vitamins and you'll be running to the toilet all the time. Lastly, its not a cure, its an ongoing temporary fix, you'll become dependant on it. As soon as you stop taking it, the oil will come back. If you want rid of the problem, get accutane.

I took B5 a few years ago and had great success with it. It completely stopped my oil production and there was no IB or any side effects to speak of. It stopped working after about 8 months. From what I read at the time most people who got results from B5 had similar claims. My body just adjusted to it and then the oil came back. Then the acne followed.

I've been on accutane twice and the oil just keeps coming back. I've tried to start B5 again but the results are never the same. weird. Oil sucks.

hi boogie,

maybe you should see a dietician / nutritionalist?

ive been on b5 about 8 months. it does control my acne a bit, but its not a cure.

tim

I'm taking B5 two months now, maybe a little bit more, my acne has gotten a lot better, but this couple of days I broke out terribly, I think it's because all the junk food I ate a week ago, I can't say that I was clear, but B5 has helped me a lot, like nothing else has.

BTW I didn't feel any side effects.

Let's see how it goes. :rolleyes: