Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayteedid

Two Makeup Application Tips

As I put my makeup on today, I realized I have two nifty little tricks that I can contribute to this forum. I don't know if they'll be useful to anyone, but I know I can't do without them.

Tip #1: Mascara- I hate it when my mascara clumps (who doesn't?) so to avoid this I gently wipe the wand off with tissue to get off "excess" mascara that causes clumping. It may seem like you are wiping too much off, but there is still plenty left. Its kinda depressing knowing a good portion of your mascara is going in the trash, but it always goes on so smoothly and clump-free when you do this.

Tip #2: Mineral Makeup- I'm going to assume that all mineral makeup is loose like mine is. I was getting so annoyed by how much I would accidently be getting on my bathroom counter instead of my face. First of all, its a waste and second of all my counter was getting dirty all the time! So, I had the bright idea of setting the makeup jars on a hand mirror instead of right on the counter. Any spillage went right on the mirror and when I'm done I just pick it all up with my brush and put it on my face. Clean counter and no waste!

Hope someone finds these tips useful, if not, that's ok too. :)

As I put my makeup on today, I realized I have two nifty little tricks that I can contribute to this forum. I don't know if they'll be useful to anyone, but I know I can't do without them.

Tip #1: Mascara- I hate it when my mascara clumps (who doesn't?) so to avoid this I gently wipe the wand off with tissue to get off "excess" mascara that causes clumping. It may seem like you are wiping too much off, but there is still plenty left. Its kinda depressing knowing a good portion of your mascara is going in the trash, but it always goes on so smoothly and clump-free when you do this.

Hope someone finds these tips useful, if not, that's ok too. :)

yeah i do the same thing. however, instead of wiping the wand on a tissue i just do it on the opening of the tube. i think i save more product that way too. :rolleyes:

I have another tip for the mascara.

Simply take another mascara brush - a clean, cry one, and wipe some of the mascara on it, from the brush in the container. (Hope this isn't too confusing :lol:)

That way you aren't wasting much product, and it goes on very nicely, with no clumping :D