Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeLLs

22 year old acne "user"

Hello!

Im a long term acne user, i have acne on back/neck and chest oh and not so much in the face now.. :surprised:

I was on accutane about 7years ago, for 3months and it cleaned me out nice! ok it left me with some scars, some REALLY BAD(u will see pics later when i get time to post them) but it came out all again about 5months later..

And ive tried, like most of u all fellow acne fighters, everything bad, good everything..

Now im going back on accutane for a second run, if first one came back will this one have a chance? im starting next week, thoughts of experience are highly needed :dance:

of course u all know how depressing this is, yes im a strong person but some people just dont want to see ur ugly back and chest.. and i have to wear stuff to hide my neck acne..

anyway just wanted to get some opinions on people, my scars are not going to disapear with accutane how do you treat them? laser or what?

Thanks alot in advanced.

hells

i got more scars when i was on tane. and i have the same set of concerns as yours. have you checked the Scar Treatments forums of the boards?

I've not been on Accutane so I have no advice for you, but good luck with it..I hope you stay clear from it this time.

Hello!

Im a long term acne user, i have acne on back/neck and chest oh and not so much in the face now.. :surprised:

I was on accutane about 7years ago, for 3months and it cleaned me out nice! ok it left me with some scars, some REALLY BAD(u will see pics later when i get time to post them) but it came out all again about 5months later..

And ive tried, like most of u all fellow acne fighters, everything bad, good everything..

Now im going back on accutane for a second run, if first one came back will this one have a chance? im starting next week, thoughts of experience are highly needed :dance:

of course u all know how depressing this is, yes im a strong person but some people just dont want to see ur ugly back and chest.. and i have to wear stuff to hide my neck acne..

anyway just wanted to get some opinions on people, my scars are not going to disapear with accutane how do you treat them? laser or what?

Thanks alot in advanced.

hells

3 months is a pretty short course. What was your dosage and what do you weigh? If you didn't reach the cumulative dose, that could be why you relapsed. The recommended cumulative dose is 120-150 mg/kg.

A second round could be what you need...making sure you reach the cumulative dose.

as Scooby said, make sure you hit the cumuliative dose when you take accutane. I also heard that taking a second course of accutane gives you alot higher chances at total remission of the acne, somewhere around 90%.