Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so i have been doing Dans Regimen for like a month now and it has cleared up my active acne a little bit, but now i get these stupid red marks from the acne when it goes away. I know alot of people have said this and i have read on it, but i want to see if i can get some personalized advice.

A couple months ago my chin has just gotten so bad. I have red marks by my sideburns and they ahve been there for months. I dont no if i should continue with BP or if i should do somethig different. Heres waht i do daily

Morning(i usually get like 5 hours of sleep because of school):

Shower

Apply some BP, rub it in, wait a few minutes (i have prescription BenzaClin 5%)

Moisturize

Evening(which is usually around 11pm right before i go to sleep):

Lather face with "Clean&Clear Oil-Free Foaming Facial Cleanser"

Exfoliate with a baby brush(ive been doing that for a week or so)

Put on alot of BP, first rub it in, then put more on the bad spots(which is like everywhere)

(I dont put on moisturizer at night)

i dont think im forgetting anything

Here are the pictures (ya its putfile, i didnt have enough time to go through and find the direct link)

7612270633.jpg

7612270625.jpg

7612270343.jpg

7612270775.jpg

7612270784.jpg

I have some active acne and some red marks all over my chin. AHHH. I get so depressed. Please if theres anything that i can try ill do it. Im so desperate. I want to try AHA's or something, do any of you know of a good one?

Ok so i really hope anyone reads this and can help me out. Thank you so much. :surprised:

It's really strange that it's happening primarily on your mouth/chin area.

Could you tell me a few things, and we'll go from here:

What is your diet like, list out the foods you eat on a daily basis, and don't be ashamed of anything and omit it. List out everything that plays a role in your daily life. :)

Also, your skin care regimen may be a bit too harsh, but we'll get to that later.

So yeah, I'll be around, but just list it out and we'll sort this out :)

If you want to try AHA , this is the most popular one: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

But I really think your first step should be to read Snow Queen's thread pinned at the top of the page. Here is the link. Building a regimen

You can read that and choose products from her lists that are ok to use. Then you can build your own regimen. And if you have any questions, you could ask her, she is very helpful.

I know you didn't ask me Mandy, but yes you can. Walgreens/RiteAid all have it. I used it for a long time then it just topped working. If you go get it make sure to open the box to get the coupon out. It will either be fore 3 or 5 bucks.

What is your diet like, list out the foods you eat on a daily basis, and don't be ashamed of anything and omit it. List out everything that plays a role in your daily life. :)

Also, your skin care regimen may be a bit too harsh, but we'll get to that later.

Ok so lets see here

I never have breakfast on school days but i wish i could

I go to school and have lunch around 1

for lunch i have 2 sandwiches, usually ham lettuce tomato mayo, something like that

i drink 2 gatorades a day at school

i come home and eat something frozen for dinner and microwave it somedays, other days we will make pasta or something

ummm, thats pretty much it i think

i drink alot of soda

i am constantly stressed out from school, and this acne is just making me more stressed. maybe that has something to do with it.

Ok so lets see here

for lunch i have 2 sandwiches, usually ham lettuce tomato mayo, something like that

i come home and eat something frozen for dinner and microwave it somedays, other days we will make pasta or something

i drink alot of soda

i am constantly stressed out from school, and this acne is just making me more stressed. maybe that has something to do with it.

Ok so lets see here

i drink alot of soda

Yikes :(. I kinda see what may be leading to it.

First of all, the sodas must go, and so do the gatorades. Water is all you need. If anything, try cutting the sodas slowly, don't let go all together otherwise you may feel really emotionally bad (from letting go so fast).

And also, what's your washing regimen like?

I'd continue with the DKR, It's said that BP makes red marks heal slower, although many will claim it's a myth. Personally, I stopped using BP last week, and my face is definatly healing a few old red marks. I think you should continue with DKR until you're clear for a few months and then ease off it and heal. Maybe take some Vitamin E to help heal internally.

Oh, definatly cut down the sugar, I used to be a huge gatorade, energy drink, and soda addict. Now I'm all tea, smoothies and water, huge difference.

Hm, well I personally would suggest trying fish oil and green tea extract supplements. Go to the diet/holistics forum, they are on the front page under my user name, it has all the information there. I preach about it because it has done wonders for my entire body and mind.

Try that out,

Also I want you to try something. Instead of washing with your current cleanser, use a mild gentle cleanser such as oil of olay foaming face wash for gentle skin. It has aloe vera in it so it soothes and cleanses. Once you are done, let it dry. Then take a glass. Put in a tablespoon of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Then add in 3 tablespoons of water. Swish it around a little and it will mix into a solution, Use a cotton ball and dab it on your face. It will tone and disinfect and protect as well as unclog pores.

Let that dry then moisturize by using aloe vera gel and a bit of cetaphil or any non comedogenic lotion you prefer (lubriderm etc), but only a dime size of each, just enough to soak into your face.

Wait for 30 minutes and you will just feel a difference. Trust me about that, try it for yourself. I hope you like it, it has done wonders for a lot of people on here in terms of toning and protecting. A lot of people also seem to like the moisturizer idea with aloe vera.

But definitely be sure to exfoliate with the baby brush gently before using the cleanser. If you don't want to use a gentle cleanser, try oil of olay's Clarity face wash, it has SA in it, and it's not drying, it will simply help unclog pores and help remove dead skin cells readily.

But definitely start supplements. It's great for your skin.

I might have to try all that but for now i think i will continue on with DKR for alittle bit longer with the daily baby brush exfoliating, how does that sound???

Also i have been using prescription Benza Clin for the BP, will that work for DKR or should i order some of dans BP? also do i use the same amount of Benza Clin that i would in dans videos? or would it be different since its prescription or whatever

Im kind of iffy about using the BP because it has given me SO many red marks that i never used to get. They are all concentrated on my chin and its just horrible. If i use BP they might stay for a long time.....

actually no i think im going to try the ACV for a few weeks :)

hmm ok i so i tried the ACV tonight and my face feels smoother now, like an hour or so later, but it seems like my skin got darker and more oily?? im not sure tahts suppose to happen. aaahhhhh

If you want to try AHA , this is the most popular one: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

But I really think your first step should be to read Snow Queen's thread pinned at the top of the page. Here is the link. Building a regimen

You can read that and choose products from her lists that are ok to use. Then you can build your own regimen. And if you have any questions, you could ask her, she is very helpful.

I dont really have any advice. I would suggest Paulas Choice but I dont know if her products are stuff only women use.

I will tell you though that I :wub: your blue eyes

I just read that "chin acne" is usually from hormones, is that true? Do you think that is what could be happening here. Im 16 years old. I never had it all on my chin before i just had a few pimples on my face but now its like this. Any thoughts????

Also this ACV seems to be doing something good, although ive only been using it for 24 hours.

and thankyou molly for the compliment :) it helped me out.

You still have good skin, no scars etc as far as I can see, make sure you don't squeeze and you should be ok with natural healing and some vitamins.

i could always be wrong, but from your pictures you seem to have hormonal acne.its pretty much all just your chin&jawline.but then again it might just be coincidence.however if you see a doctor or a derm. anytime soon you could ask about getting something to control your hormones which in turn could keep your acne under control

best of luck- hanna