Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everybody, I suffer from mild annoying acne and some things I´ve discovered improve it a lot. I plan not to have acne in 2 weeks.

Everything I´m gonna say it´s not scientifical proven, and I´m expecting some people to contest it, what I can garantee it´s that works for me.

While you may argue of not being scientifical proven, I also may argue that the conventional knowledge about acne, might be keeping your acne. And I´m not talking about conspiracy theories, science is wrong sometimes, and that´s part of it.

Things that can aggravate acne:

Masturbation: This is not new, many guys here (not every guys) have experienced that masturbation can aggravate acne, for my experience it certainly can! From my personal research some non religious sites ( this is important to be said), have some scientifical explanations why masturbation can have some impact on acne. I am 20 years old, and I´m talking serious about this, so please don´t come with the stories that some people said that masturbation causes blindness or hair in the hands.

I didn´t experience blindness ( or I wouldn´t be writting) neither hair in the hands, but i DO experience more acne when I masturbate.

IMO I m not perfectly clear, because I haven´t had the will power to give up masturbation for some weeks.

Diet: I have experienced that chips and other fried foods cause me acne. And also sweet foods. So in the next 15 days, I´ll avoid chips,pizzas, chocolates, ice creams, bananas etc..

Now what I found that helps tremendously with acne is VISUALIZATION. I found an website wich I forgot, otherwise I would post here for you to confirm, wich talked about a dermatologist who used visualization with very success to cure his patients from acne.

The visualization in these experiments didn´t work by itself, cause the patients kept their acne products also.

With me I can garantee that visualization has worked much better and quicker than Benzoyl peroxide .

The procedure:

You must be relaxed and you have to visualize 2 things, what is happening inside your body, and the results on your skin.

Inside your body: tell your brain ( sound like hypnosis, weird I know but do it anyway) to send antibodies to fight the acne cells, visualize the antibodies destroying the acne cells. (Google, to see an image of an acne cell, and antibodies the more realistic the better).

In your skin: you have to visualize your acne as clearly as possible, and visualize the pimples shrinking and becoming dryer as the result of the inside fight.

I am shocked how well this works for me. Try for your self 2-3 minutes before sleep, you have nothing to loose.

Masterbation totally causes breakouts for me. I was totally clear for a long time because I hadent masterbated in over 5 months. After 5 months I was almost scared to touch it for fear of it going off. Then one night I had a wet dream and it f**ked up everything ! lol, but seriously, 3 weeks after that incident and I was clear again but I only went about 3 months without another wet dream, same thing, 3 weeks of bad breakouts and I would clear up. Then it happend again 2 weeks ago and I was so annoyed at myself, the next day I bought Accutane because I knew I couldnt stop it from happening. Its hard to stop somthing from happening when your asleep, it really wasnt for lack of trying. But there you go, I bought Accutane and i'm taking it now but even when I'm done with Accutane, i'll be avoiding masterbation, which is a pity because its not only enjoyable, but other than the negative effect of acne, it reduces your chances of prostate cancer. If a doctor ever asks me what might have caused my prostate cancer (hypothetical Q), i'll tell him I had acne ! Take care, and dont touch your pecker. At 5 months I was sure I had set a new world record, I would love to know what exactly the world record is !

I think Masterbation can make acne worse but how can you live your life without sex/masterbation?

The reason masturbation causes acne is actually the opposite way around.

Getting to the state of masturbation (being aroused) is because of your testosterone levels. It is a result of them being high, at the point which they are high... you produce more excess sebum. And if you can suppress your androgens, then you will initially not feel the need to masturbate, which means you won't even have to try to with hold from something you don't feel in the first place. That's what happens when I take green tea extracts. They suppress androgens. And since testosterone is a type of androgen, I don't feel the need to do it for days on end without having to resist, or prevent myself. I just feel normal all the time. Hence acne slowly disappears since oil production goes down. But if you pause your doses, they become normalized, and function normally. I hope that helps!

And the reason for diet is because of your insulin levels spiking, hence also creating more sebum. Something like that, I can't recall but it's close.

IMO I m not perfectly clear, because I haven´t had the will power to give up masturbation for some weeks.

i now know almost 100% after a long time of experimentation that orgasm/sex/masterbation/whatever is a big cause of my breaking out.. you all are talking about going months without getting one off?? i've been trying and i cant hold off any longer than 4 days. 4 days if my record. i must have a lotta testosterone goin on here

i now know almost 100% after a long time of experimentation that orgasm/sex/masterbation/whatever is a big cause of my breaking out.. you all are talking about going months without getting one off?? i've been trying and i cant hold off any longer than 4 days. 4 days if my record. i must have a lotta testosterone goin on here

i dont think you should completely cut out muasturbation, thats just outrageously unhealthy and crazy talk. i find it doesnt really affect acne at all as long as you keep to like once a week or so. just, dont pound it down every single day, or twice a day or something. moderate yourself

Eliminate Acne With Mind Power

Sam Ewing (FATE Magazine, August 1993)

You can get rid of acne and other hated skin problems that have plagued teenagers, young adults and often older people for centuries, thanks to a super simple technique of concentration that uses the unlimited power of the human mind. Medication isn't necessary. Doctors have found that almost 80% of all skin problems result from emotional causes. Dermatologists told researchers (for the ABC-TV feature FYI) that regular self-induced relaxation and meditation helps where ointments and other therapy fails. What's more, some medications cause unpleasant side effects. Experiments in mind control conducted by Dr. Donald Wilson, a San Francisco physician (reported in his book Total Mind Power, Camero Publishing Company, 1976) reveals how tumors and other growths are made to disappear by using self-hypnosis to tap into parts of the brain that we don't normally use. Acne, an unsightly condition of zits, pimples and blackheads, is conventionally treated through vaccines or hormone therapy, ultra-violet radiation, x-rays, cortisone cream and dietary restrictions of rich and oily foods, such as peanuts and chocolate. No matter what therapy is followed, the skin disorder will probably persist, doctors say, unless you learn to relax. Mind power provides a step-by-step technique that anyone can practice to clear up acned skin within a short time. Dr. Wilson says, "The thrust of total mind power is to use it along with the best medical treatments. You'll have nothing to lose and much to gain." The doctor further explains, "Scientists say we use 10% or less of our mental capacity. We can enjoy better health by tapping into the other 90% of the brain." The simple steps to a healthy, unblemished skin are as follows: Make yourself comfortable and relaxed. Close your eyes, take deep breaths until you are in a semi-sleeplike state. Next, in your mind visualize your acne problems as clearly as possible. You can see that the skin eruptions have nerve cells. Direct your mind to send out anti-bodies to fight and destroy the acne cell. Visualize this action as if you were watching a video game. In your mind you see the acne shriveling, the pimples disappearing. It is a good idea to follow the mind power process once each day until your acne has completely disappeared. Dr. Wilson and other physicians who advocate the practice of mind power have enjoyed remarkable success in ridding patients of all sorts of skin disorders, including warts.

http://home.no.net/ewing/p33.htm

sounds like arnold schwarzeneggers approach to bodybuilding and how he will visualize the pump or the blood rushing into his muscle and kind of zones out while he lifts weights and focuses on his muscles getting bigger and stronger. sort of meditates on the process of the muscle growing.

so well , if its good enough for arnold then its good enough for me and the mind definiltly has an effect on the body as the placebo effect has been well documented and controlled studies are structered this way to avoid the placebo effect.

It would be a good idea to attempt to conciously control this effect, such as you have and perhaps it could help you as much as the usual placebo effect which can be around a 35% improvement in conditions and this is without concious effort.

im gonna do this.

visualize your skin cells slowly dying off and the process of cell division slowing down creating an open pore wear sebum can flow smoothly out of the pore, and your sebum glands slowly shrinking producing less sebum, and your face becoming brighter and smoother boosting collagen production and filling your old scars, and visualize your self looking into the mirror and seeing a bright clear healed face with the biggest joyous smile on it. 5 minutes a day every night.

u know i really believe in visualization. the mind is so powerful, its unbelievable. by also visualising, we are practising the law of attraction, for those of you who have watched "The Secret" you'd know what i mean. for those who havent, in one sentence, the law of attraction states that by thinking about what you want and focusing on it, the law of attraction will bring it to you. it works around the idea that your mind attracts things by frequencies emitted from thoughts; yeah pretty cool stuff. I recommend you all watch "The Secret".

i hope it works for acne, im gonna give it a try, see how it goes. :)

u know i really believe in visualization. the mind is so powerful, its unbelievable. by also visualising, we are practising the law of attraction, for those of you who have watched "The Secret" you'd know what i mean. for those who havent, in one sentence, the law of attraction states that by thinking about what you want and focusing on it, the law of attraction will bring it to you. it works around the idea that your mind attracts things by frequencies emitted from thoughts; yeah pretty cool stuff. I recommend you all watch "The Secret".

i hope it works for acne, im gonna give it a try, see how it goes. :)

I am still clear! 100% clear I´m really really happy.

If I listened the experts and kept masturbating like wild I would be a mess. I wonder how much the

doctors really know about acne....

I´m out of here, good luck to you all!

hey, who cares what they say. u've tried to offer some help and they've bluntly rejected it without absolutely no knowledge, reason or evidence to do so.

i bet u they haven't watched the secret so they would have noooo idea what you're talking about. you know that your right, and don't worry if anyone else rejects that. some people in my family think the secrets a load of crap, but i know in believing i can achieve anything.

it was a law of science that was proven by a scientist, i dont understand why people reject it. it probably doesn't work for people because unconsciously they're always thinking about the bad stuff or the thing they don't want instead of the thing they want, and the bad thought overpowers the good thought BIG TIME, unfortunately.

anyway, good luck!