Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I last week I bought a container of supplements from Trader Joe's, "VERY GREEN - a unique combination of concentrate greens"

They were fairly expensive (about $12) and I am trying to figure out if they are useful to acne/overall health or just another supplemnt gimmick.

Proprietary Green Mix Blend 1,222 mg

Alfalfa Leaf Juice,

Pure Soy Lecithin

Barley Grass Juice

Apple Pectin

Hawaiian Spirulina Algae

Chlorella Algae

Royal Jelly Extract 3:1

Wheat Grass Juice

Bee Pollen

Carrot Root Juice

Tomato Fruit Juice

Acidophilus (in a base of fructooligosaccharide)

Beet Root Extract

Kelp Extract

Milk Thistle Fruit Extract

Bilberry Extract

Green tea Leaf Extract

Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract

Grape Seed Extract

* everything is powdered

Other ingredients: Gelatin Capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), Silica.

Its probably very good for you, but if the cause of your skin problems is something else you are eating, it wont cover it up. You have to find the foods your body does not tolerate.

I could eat Veggies all day, but if I just drink a little milk or eat a snicker bar, All hell breaks loose... lol

It will probably just help with replacing or supplementing your veggies. And for the effects... it will do what veggies usually do, help the functioning of your body by providing it nutrients to stay healthy.

I love raw greens supplements. Since they are raw they have all the enzymes and good stuff in them. These types of green drinks are great, I drink them all the time. I dont think 12 bucks is expensive at all, I paid 40 bucks for a greens supplement once. 12 bucks is good.