Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Drinking too much water?

I live in a country where the weather is constantly HOT, so I drink a lot of water. Is 3 liters too much? Will it wash away all the nutrients?

I drink 8 to 10. Drink too much and you will pee out your nutrients, drink too little and you don't pee out your toxins etc.

Listen to your body and thirst. 3-4 is about right for me. Anything less than 3 and I start getting VERY thirsty. Of course, I am probably bigger than most people on this forum and I am pretty active. I don't think 3 liters is too much at all as long as you aren't forcing it.

I drink 8 to 10. Drink too much and you will pee out your nutrients, drink too little and you don't pee out your toxins etc.

okay I have a question....

I noticed my zephyrhills water bottle says 0.5 L, Well I drink about 6 of those a day. Does that mean I am drinking 3 L?? I mean its a dumb question, but WOW guess I drink more than the recommended huh?

I noticed my zephyrhills water bottle says 0.5 L, Well I drink about 6 of those a day. Does that mean I am drinking 3 L?? I mean its a dumb question, but WOW guess I drink more than the recommended huh?

anyone?

Ill fill a 2 litre bottleup a couple times a dya and chug it back.

your average boxer/mma fighterwilld rink about a gallon per day for optimum hydration and healing.

3 litre's is fine

I don't know if you have heard of the program burn the fat, feed the muscle - probably one of the best online books ever. anyway, it has the amount of water needed depends on the calorie's used during the day.

3 L ( 96 oz ) would be for 2000 calories a day

If you do a really heavy workout, I think you should increase your water intake the next day - I will usually aim for 124oz the day after a 45-60 minute workout.

So 3L is definately not too much.

I don't know if you have heard of the program burn the fat, feed the muscle - probably one of the best online books ever. anyway, it has the amount of water needed depends on the calorie's used during the day.

3 L ( 96 oz ) would be for 2000 calories a day

If you do a really heavy workout, I think you should increase your water intake the next day - I will usually aim for 124oz the day after a 45-60 minute workout.

So 3L is definately not too much.

Cyph31, you don't just double it if you are taking in 4000 calories.

For 4,000 calories it recommends 116 - 174 oz. the most it recommends is 194oz.

But it is not on calorie intake, but on calorie "expenditure". So on days when you exercise you need more, and on days that you don't you may not need as much.

But I personally also drink some "dehydrating" drinks like 2 cups of coffee and 1 soda a day. So I need more to counter those beverages.

The book really talks about alcohol. If you have one night of heavy drinking, you are probably really dehydrated the next day and better drink a ton of water.

This is also why people on diets or who are tying to lose weight are told to drink a lot of water. The body cannot metabolize fat properly if dehydrated. I know there are a lot of postings recently on fat metabolism and the link to acne, so staying in a hydrated state is really important.

Guest Pieces Mended
I live in a country where the weather is constantly HOT, so I drink a lot of water. Is 3 liters too much? Will it wash away all the nutrients?

I usually drink maybe 1.75 litres. Anymore than that and I feel totally bloated. But I am only small and I dont do heavy exercise. When I exercise on the weekends I do drink more though.

I easily can gulp down 4 liters in a day

There are more benefits to drinking more water than fewer.

I was told driniking too much water does pee away your nutrients, but regardless I drink about 3litres a day and on top of that I try and have a couple cups of herbal teas (adding nutrients in water consumption) and I make my own fresh juices daily (about 3 glasses of apple which I dilute by half with water and 3-4 glasses of freshly juiced veggies and once again I dilute it by half with water.

Just in case the water peed away my nutrients!! And I suppose it's another way of hydrating my body, but with nutrients.

I think the more fluids one drinks (water) their more aware of how thirsty their bodies really are.

Guest anonymous

I don't understand this peeing away the nutrients talk. I work out a lot and take supps. You hav e to drink a lot of water for these to be effecive and not dehydrate. Basically if my urine is clear I'm good. If your urine is dark you need to drink up. I basically only drink water throughout the day. I eliminated diet soda, ice tea, and all that for a splurge I'll drink propel or an occasional vitamin water.

No 3 liters of water is just right.

You might need 10 liters of water before you can experience a concrete electrolytes dilution.

Yeah, water intoxication depends not only on the quantity, but also how fast you consume the water.

And like everyone else said, it's entirely individual. I'm quite small, but I drink 96 ounces- 1 gallon per day because a) I'm a heavy exerciser and b) I'm on medication that induces extreme thirst. If I drink less than that, I start to feel nauseous, lightheaded, and shaky.

3 liters a day is fine.