Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Why do so many of you talk about dying?

Guest T-Virus

I know this is a place to vent and let out emotions, but I've noticed that quite a few people here talk about suicide and wanting to die a LOT. Why is that? Why do some people here talk about wanting to die so much? Is acne REALLY THAT BAD? Or is it because of something else? I can understand why people with certain illnesses and conditions would feel like dying, but acne?

I know when I went through a suicidal stage it wasn't the acne that caused it, but a whole bunch of small problems that made one very big problem. So while acne wasn't a direct cause it did contribute a little.

But now I am better :rolleyes:, though my acne still is really irritating I manage to be positive about it.

Guest T-Virus
Because death is the ultimate consequence.

i dont see how people could ever think about killing themselves, i mean c'mon... at the very least if you're going to kill yourself try a few different lifestyles before you do so...

it'd be cool to be a heist man or to do some cool things before you pull that trigger you know? lol... i mean even if u were to kill yourself there so much shit you can do before you kill yourself it's not even funny, like it'd be stupid not to do it...

you're already going to die, do the unthinkable, take some risks, take the hand your dealt and have fun with it ... shit

Relating to death with our own personal strife lets others know that it affects us a great deal.

i dont see how people could ever think about killing themselves, i mean c'mon... at the very least if you're going to kill yourself try a few different lifestyles before you do so...

it'd be cool to be a heist man or to do some cool things before you pull that trigger you know? lol... i mean even if u were to kill yourself there so much shit you can do before you kill yourself it's not even funny, like it'd be stupid not to do it...

you're already going to die, do the unthinkable, take some risks, take the hand your dealt and have fun with it ... shit

For some people, acne is merely a facade for the despair that envelops them. It's the tangible evil they can blame for their misfortune, a focus for their self-hatred. For some people, the ugliness on the surface is nothing more than a visible manifestation of the darkness behind it.

ive never thought about dying personally, however i think that some ppl think that because they have acne, everyone stares at them coz they feel different. acne is psychologically damaging and so ppl feel like whats the point in being here if they aren't normal. why have ppl staring at them. etc. i cant explain on here but i do understand why ppl feel that way. i no that when my acne was bad, all i wanted to do was stay inside the house coz i hated the face that stared back at me. the bumps, the pain, the constant blood, i dunno i just understand but it depends on the serverity of the acne i guess.

I know this is a place to vent and let out emotions, but I've noticed that quite a few people here talk about suicide and wanting to die a LOT. Why is that? Why do some people here talk about wanting to die so much? Is acne REALLY THAT BAD? Or is it because of something else? I can understand why people with certain illnesses and conditions would feel like dying, but acne?

For me acne is the least of my problems. Its having a learning disability that gets to me. Everyone around me is so much smarter than me and doesnt struggle with learning the way I do. It depresses me. Im always reading people the wrong way. Im usually sad. Sometimes I just wish I wasnt born. Ive also been suicidal before.

My therapist made a very smart observation. He told me that I dont really want to commit suicide but that I just want the suffering to end. I feel trapped. Maybe thats true with other people here.

For me acne is the least of my problems. Its having a learning disability that gets to me. Everyone around me is so much smarter than me and doesnt struggle with learning the way I do. It depresses me. Im always reading people the wrong way. Im usually sad. Sometimes I just wish I wasnt born. Ive also been suicidal before.

My therapist made a very smart observation. He told me that I dont really want to commit suicide but that I just want the suffering to end. I feel trapped. Maybe thats true with other people here.

To the OP: I think acne can feel very crippling and everyone has different ways and levels of coping so I think acne, with the potential of making it hard for someone to face the day, themselves, others, can make it difficult for some to find the strength to continue being alive without really living.