Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Blood tests and marijuana..

Hey guys, I'm on 80mg Accutane and have only gotten like 2 blood tests my entire 6-7 month course so far because my doctor has no idea what she's doing. Anyways..here's a question:

1) If I smoke weed, will it come up on the normal blood test? IF IT DOES, do they tell your parents?

1) If you smoked within 24 hours, yes it may come up, but I *think* they need to be testing for it. They're testing for liver function and a few other things so not sure if THC would show up or not.

2) depends on your dr and you age if they tell your parents. If you're in the US I wouldn't be surprised if they did. IN Canada possession and use is not a crime.

They have to specifically order the drug test. The doc literally says "I want to check the lipids" and they do a lipid panel.. or any other test. Generally they have to have a specific reason to check for drugs (i.e. they are prescribing Lortabs for pain and they think the patient is selling instead of using them reasonably). I would think you're fine... the lecture on "don't do drugs" is inserted here :razz:

Found the answer to this earlier. TennesseeGrl is right, your parents have to ask for them to check and...it would show up in a receipt so you would know if it tested for.

It takes roughly 72 for it to leave your blood completely.

Although even if it was detected, it wouldn't be illegal or anything. I guess if you're still living with your parents it'd still be bad.

how many times do i have to say this. this is NOT a drug test. marijuana will NOT show up, they are testing for liver function and lipid profile (and pregnency for females) ONLY.

Jordan is absolutely correct...........They will have no idea if you have marijuana in your system or not. Thats not what they are testing for.

I've smoked within 24 hours of every blood test I've taken for tane so far, and I've been fine every time. Testing for THC is very expensive, so they would never check for it unless they are looking for it. Even if they were to find it, they aren't even allowed to release that information.

Hey guys, I'm on 80mg Accutane and have only gotten like 2 blood tests my entire 6-7 month course so far because my doctor has no idea what she's doing. Anyways..here's a question:

1) If I smoke weed, will it come up on the normal blood test? IF IT DOES, do they tell your parents?