Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doppleganger

Is it okay to take B-Complex with Fish Oil caplets???

First off, and I have to get this off my chest...........................is anyone here by me just burned out and unmotivated from having wasted hundreds of dollars and reading and trying thousands of unofficial methods in trying to dominate their acne??? I am, and it sucks frankly. I'm so burned out today that I didn't even treat my face when I woke up in protest (which I'll come to regret later on..............damn oil slick!)

Back on topic, my mother was venturing our local Chinatown here in NYC today and brought me home a bottle of Fish Oil caplets w/ Omega 3,6 & 9. It's of the "Golden Harvest" brand (which going by it's rather stark packaging I assume doesn't have a national presence or website). These particular softgels look to pack a lot of punch, here are the sup facts:

Serving Size: 3 Caplets

Amount per Serving:

Fish Body Oil - 3000 mg

Omega-3 - 900 mg

EPA (Eicosapentaeonic Acid) - 540mg

DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 360mg.................Those two are a mouthful to pronounce!

Vitamin E 3.0 I.U

Other Ingredients: Marine Lipid Concentrate, Gelatin USP Water and Glicerin 672-BLSH

I've read up a little of the fish oil stickies and topics around here, and one of the things that stuck out from the little I skimmed through was oil balance and mercury poisoning............going by the supplement facts I posted am I at any risk having an oil imbalance or (yikes) mercury poisoning happen to me?? The directions suggest 2 caplets a day.

But what I really wanted to ask in this thread is if it's safe to take B-Complex pills (and any other vitamin for that matter) with these fish oil caplets??? Up until now I've been taking 1-2 B-Complex a day (after having given up that pointless, money consuming and potentially harmful down the line B5 regimen) in hopes that it's doing something to curtail my oil or oil production and (combined with lots o' cups of water a day) clean out my system. I still wonder if I should take them.....................if not, then can anyone point me to the nearest multivitamin or something??? :whistle:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I've been taking B100 complex & fish oil capsules (Nordic Naturals Omega-3) & a prenatal pill (not pregnant at the moment, but still nursing, and it's a good multi-vitamin "just in case"!!!), for years now. My dr's have never said not to take the B100-complex & fish oil at the same time, and I know that many pregnant women do, so if it's safe for them, I figure it's fine for me (safety wise). Oh, and for the fish oil, I just take the two a day as it says on the bottle. Sorry if I'm not too much help. Oh, and my husband takes the B100 complex & the fish oil too.

Oil balancing means the balance between 3 to 6, mainly.

I would stick to just omega 3. What do you need the b complex for exactly? As in your main purpose, and how much do you need of it to be effective?

Don't worry about mercury, most good brands from gnc or 'now' brands etc have none, they are well made.

Well, in my head I've sort of developed this thought that taking 2 B-Complex a day would 1) somehow make a dent in my overactive oil production and 2) act as a mild "cleaner" for my insides............or something. But I continue to doubt that such little amounts of B-Complex would make a dent in anything, oil production or cleaning my insides. So after I'm done with my last bottle I might start investing in a multivitamin.

So, would solely taking these particular caplets (which claim to have Omega 3, 6 and 9 in them) work in balancing these oils, or would I have to accomodate something else???

I wouldn't take the 3-6-9, it kind of defeats the whole purpose. I would simply take fish oil pills because you need omega 3, not more of omega 6 or 9. To find out how much check out the fish oil thread. That and green tea extracts will do more for you than most anything. You can check out that thread to find out why too. Good luck

Well, in my head I've sort of developed this thought that taking 2 B-Complex a day would 1) somehow make a dent in my overactive oil production and 2) act as a mild "cleaner" for my insides............or something. But I continue to doubt that such little amounts of B-Complex would make a dent in anything, oil production or cleaning my insides. So after I'm done with my last bottle I might start investing in a multivitamin.

So, would solely taking these particular caplets (which claim to have Omega 3, 6 and 9 in them) work in balancing these oils, or would I have to accomodate something else???

I wouldn't take the 3-6-9, it kind of defeats the whole purpose. I would simply take fish oil pills because you need omega 3, not more of omega 6 or 9. To find out how much check out the fish oil thread. That and green tea extracts will do more for you than most anything. You can check out that thread to find out why too. Good luck

I'm confused. Unless I'm missing something, based on the ingredients you're listing there doesn't seem to be any omega 6 or 9's listed in it. Either bottle seems okay.

Really??? Guess I should chalk it up once again to the sub-standard labeling on these brands. Hell, I hope that all of the ingredients listed on the label ARE the ones in the pills themselves, nothing more or less. :confused:

If there's no Omega 6 & 9's here, then I guess my mind is at rest here and I should join the discussion on the sticky. Thanks!