Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had fun sampling the makeup and perfumes and stuff....but everytime I saw something I liked, I couldn't believe the prices! like, 40$ for lip gloss and 60$ for eyeshadow??? has anyone bouguht anything from there that's actually worth it?

next year i want to work at walgreens because i love their makeup selection...and i think you get a discount for working there :shifty:

i would this summer if i could but uhm im only 14 and i dont think theyd hire me haha

yeah, the prices are definitely ridiculous. there are only 2 items that i can currently see myself buying there on a regular basis and honestly, one of them i'll probably NEVER run out of, and the other i might just switch products b/c it is too expensive for me.

1. Jack Black SPF 25 lip balm, which i adore. $6.50 a tube.
  2. Boscia blotter sheets, which are some of my favorites ever. $10 per 100-sheet pack, which does seem pricey, but is actually cheaper than Clean'n'clear (more than $5 for 50 sheets) when you do the math. in the end Mary Kay has a great product: $5 for 75 LARGE, really absorbent linen sheets. only gripe i have there is that the dispensing is neither quick nor easy.
so there you go. i've purchased other random items from Sephora... but those are the only two so far that i've not only not returned, but would by again. :angel: (you can also get Shiseido eyelash curlers there - my fave - but then those are available at Macy's & Nordstrom too, for the same price.)

i also happen to have a Shiseido sunscreen from Sephora, and 2 makeup brushes. but i may only keep one of them...

OMG... I LOVE Sephora :dance:

But the prices... yeah... OUCH! :wacko: The last time I went in there, I did some major damage... and it was mostly just skin care stuff... not even much in the way of fun new things. Luckily for me, the nearest Sephora is about 2 hours drive away... so I don't go very often. LOL!

Did you get your face done there? What fun new goodies did they have?

Yeah the prices are ridiculous lol. I just stick with drugstore :P

ditto, I am not shopping there regularly until I get a job there as a MU artist :D

ditto, I am not shopping there regularly until I get a job there as a MU artist :D

Will you do my makeup then? :wub:

Will you do my makeup then? :wub:

Of, course, dahhhhling. I'll even move in with you someday and do your makeup every morning for free ;)

like mandy ann and sephora, im sticking to my beloved drugstores! even though sephora is a candy land, of sorts, i dont see myself coughing up all that cash for stuff thats only gonna last 2-3 months. :snooty: between duane reade and rite aid ive got all i could ever need or want (ooh and kmart too ;) )

I already feel guilty enough coughing up 10-12 bucks for coverup! lol... i'd die if I spent anymore than 8 dollars on lipgloss

:dance: :wub:

We can be the next Will and Grace :shifty2: :lol:

totally, except you're hotter than cricket-bug, I mean, Grace :lol:

WHAT!? i think Deborah Messing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think mandys just the darn cutest thing ive ever seen, cuter than her. but cricket-bug?! i think grace is pretty.

Well, Grace's chest is really boney and her legs are really skinny, too. She doesn't look like a bug, she is just as skinny as a cricket. Kinda like how Kelly Ripa is now :lol: CRICKET BUG!

WHAT!? i think Deborah Messing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think mandys just the darn cutest thing ive ever seen, cuter than her. but cricket-bug?! i think grace is pretty.

grace has lovely red curls... but yeah, cricket-bug is about right. :) Jack is the prettiest one there. :rolleyes:

Hmm I love shopping at Sephora's, but since I live in The Netherlands I can only go to one once or twice a year so it's all good...but I can spend hours looking at Sephora's online :lol: But yeah it is really pricey...

(+ Karen is the best. Period )

i buy the majority of my make up from sephora and the like. i think the only thing i have from the drugstore are a few covergirl eyeliners.

wow....lots of replies! ok so alot of mixed opinions about sephora, which in my opinion is a scam because it LOOKS like a duty-free shop but it's way more expensive!!!!!....from what i gather, if you can afford it, some stuff is ok, but as for myself i think im just gonna stop in there when i need a makeup touch-up at the mall :) I had fun trying on all the limp plumpers, made my lips kinda numb though, and tried some $60 eyeshadow that didn't impress me at all (I think it was Christian Dior). i saw some realllly young girls who had makeovers and looked like clownish cabbage patch dolls (really) and honestly i think im as good as any makeup artist so i dont trust anyone to make me up! on the other hand...someone said something about blotter sheets....do those work better than tissue paper?

i have two large train cases of make up from sephora (okay a good amount of it is actually mac). it was all worth every penny.

however i do wear drug store foundation, and my skin care routine is very inexpensive (lush, neutrogena, eucerin and a generic bp gel).

make up is the one thing i don't feel guilty about splurging on.