Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shorton

Aubrey Nicole Advanced Gel Primer

Have any of you tried the AN Advanced Gel Primer?

I so hope this stuff doesn't break me out because ... I LOVE IT!

I've used it for the last few days over my moisturizer and I love the way it makes the MMU look. It really does help it go on more evenly and stay put ...

let's just keep our fingers crossed that the ingredients are going to play nicely in my sandbox :)

Have any of you tried the AN Advanced Gel Primer?

I so hope this stuff doesn't break me out because ... I LOVE IT!

I've used it for the last few days over my moisturizer and I love the way it makes the MMU look. It really does help it go on more evenly and stay put ...

let's just keep our fingers crossed that the ingredients are going to play nicely in my sandbox :)

I LOVE that Primer!! I got the little tube when it first came out and I use such a little bit that I think it's going to last a good while, but I also got the bigger bottle during the free shipping. I've been using it for I guess a month or two and no breakouts. It's weird how it feels oily and then feels powdery once it absorbs. I agree my makeup really goes on nicer when I use it.

Heather

Hey Shorten. Please keep posting. I am looking for a good primer because my make up really doesn't last long at all. Would be great to hear of something that doesn't break you out! :dance:

just updating: still no breakouts. I feel confident enough to order a full-sized bottle now. I still really love this stuff and feel like if it were going to cause a problem, it would have happened by now. I've worn it every day without taking a day off. Whooo hoooo! :dance:

Hey, JBHK ... I used to live in Hong Kong! I had trouble keeping makeup on there too... it's so humid most of the year, but the advantages of living there were worth it :surprised:

just updating: still no breakouts. I feel confident enough to order a full-sized bottle now. I still really love this stuff and feel like if it were going to cause a problem, it would have happened by now. I've worn it every day without taking a day off. Whooo hoooo! :dance:

Thanks for the review!

I'm definitly going to order some my next order.

I used Smashbox's primer Friday night and woke up with like 4 cysts, stupidly wore it again Sat nite and my face exploded.

I'm sure that it was the primer.

D*%@ it! :cry:

Gin, I had the same problem with Dr. Brandt primer... that's why I was a little scared to try the AN one. I am crossing my fingers for you, too. I really do like it. I let my moisturizer soak in a while before I apply the primer ... then I wait a couple of minutes to let the primer settle in before putting on foundation. (I do my hair in the meantime.)

I'd try a test area first because I know some skin can't tolerate the silica. I think SiouxCat? had posted about that ingredient in another thread. I didn't have to give any presentations at work this month, so I just damned the torpedoes and went full steam ahead ... but I probably would have been more careful if I had needed to be in front of people. LOL!