Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laura75

New and Wishing I Hadn't Waited

Hi all. I'm so impressed with everyone's honesty and support on this site. I have suffered from acne forever (I'm 31), but didn't realize how good I had it until recently. Last summer my skin had a serious freakout. I kept thinking it would go away, or that it was related to a makeup change or something, but it hasn't and now I'm reading about Pyoderma Faciale and I think that's what's been going on. I haven't gone to my derm since before then because of logistical reasons. I finally made an appt, but it can't come soon enough. From what I'm reading I'm afraid I waited too long and the scarring I have will be permanent. It has affected every aspect of my life and causes me constant stress and anxiety. I worry about people "finding out" even though I'm sure that my makeup isn't covering it. I worry about being able to redo my makeup before going out. I worry about the summer and being unable to hide behind layers of makeup. It is definitely keeping me from doing the things I enjoy and from being the person I used to be.

Anyway, I'm not really asking a question, I guess I'm just venting. I really didn't think that at this age acne would be a focal point of my life. I just hope it's a temporary problem and the doctor can help me.

I hada nasty cystic acne problem whe I turned 28 ( few months after) and it was hard to deal with/understand because of my age. When it comes out of nowhere it's really depressing. I certainly hope there's something the dr. can do for. Keep us posted! :)

Welcome!!! We have a lot in common and a lot of the same concerns. I've been dealing with acne for a long time but the last 6 months it's just exploded and I've suffered so much embarrassment. Good luck to you and I hope you find the right treatment!

Thanks for everyone's support. I can tell you that after reading about jojoba oil on this site I decided to give it a try and I have had hardly any new acne since using it! In fact, if it weren't for the scarring and old acne that's healing, my skin would probably look wonderful. I hope it continues to work. It really doesn't leave my skin oily at all (I mix it in with my moisturizer in the morning and apply it with a cotton ball at night). I've been using 2.5 benzoly peroxide too, but nothing else. I can't believe all the harsh chemicals I used to put on my skin and a simple regimen like this is what seems to be working. Though I should mention I started BC in November so it's possible that has my hormones under control. But the timing leads me to believe the jojoba oil is in large part responsible.

I finally went to my dermatologist yesterday and he really didn't want to try to understand what was wrong. He wanted to put me back on antibiotics, even though I'd just told him it seemed to be under control. Argh. So I just had a peel and will start getting peels regularly to hopefully heal the scars.

How I wish I'd found this site earlier!