Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CB07

What to use in the morning?

I use retin-a-micro at night and was wondering what could I use in the morning. I can't use bp too much irritation how about duac?

Duac + Retin A is an extremely drying combination. If you're still breaking out, (how long have you been on Retin A??) you could ask your doctor for a clindamycin lotion in the morning (I think you were mentioning that?) to help the IB. I tried Retin A + Duac once, and I had to use heavy, pore-clogging creams to stop my skin from flaking... oh, and I constantly looked sunburned.

I would wait to add in Duac until you've been on Retin A for a while (12 weeks) and then only if you're still breaking out. An antibiotic lotion will help the IB (or normal antibiotics, if you'd rather).

Good luck

Duac + Retin A is an extremely drying combination. If you're still breaking out, (how long have you been on Retin A??) you could ask your doctor for a clindamycin lotion in the morning (I think you were mentioning that?) to help the IB. I tried Retin A + Duac once, and I had to use heavy, pore-clogging creams to stop my skin from flaking... oh, and I constantly looked sunburned.

I would wait to add in Duac until you've been on Retin A for a while (12 weeks) and then only if you're still breaking out. An antibiotic lotion will help the IB (or normal antibiotics, if you'd rather).

Good luck

I did use clindamycin 1% for like a month, but stopped since it didn't seem to work. Retin-a-micro however, using it for about 2-3 months seen improvements like 60% and scars seems to be going away.