Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jewel_001

dermabrasion and pores

just doing a bit more research and wondering for anyone who has done dermabrasion (or just knows) did your pores become larger/smaller/stay the same after procedure? i'm confused there are so many contradictions....does dermabrasion create the orange peel effect or does it aim to refine pores? the last thing id want to do is make that situation worse! i'm really worried about this any comments would be really appreciated thanks xxx

just doing a bit more research and wondering for anyone who has done dermabrasion (or just knows) did your pores become larger/smaller/stay the same after procedure? i'm confused there are so many contradictions....does dermabrasion create the orange peel effect or does it aim to refine pores? the last thing id want to do is make that situation worse! i'm really worried about this any comments would be really appreciated thanks xxx

What type of dermabrasion are you talking about? The micro-dermabrations are not going to cause pores to enlarge. They may even help with the appearance of pores as they smooth out skin.

The surgical dermabrasions are different as they can sand away the surface layers of skin and expose a larger area of the pore that was covered by top layers of skin that were removed, hence making the pores appear larger. It could make the situation worse. I would be very cautious about going forward with it.

I am not a doctor but have considered it myself and have done a ton of research. Good luck~