Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on the forum. In September of 2006, I had an immediate start of horrible acne just come out of the middle of no where. I normally had 3-4 pimples at a time and a tea tree ointment would quickly clear this up. However, the acne that immediately started in September of 2006 looks totally different from my usual spots. Everywhere on my face exceptmy forehead is breaking out. This also includes my chin line. My forehead is the place where I usually have the most, but none of these have ever formed on my forehead. These don't have puss in them either like my usual ones. The tea tree oil doesn't work to clear these up.

My face was extremely itchy, and with time I realized that the new food "coconuts" was causing my face to be itchy and some of the acne break-out. I've eliminated the coconuts products, but my face still hasn't cleared up back to where it was before September of 2006. I have several food allergies and have eliminated those, but added in substitutes such as several different gluten free grains that I had never had before in my life. My diet's changed so much with new foods in the last 2 years that I don't know if one of the new foods would be causing a problem or not.

I'm on a large supplement program so I shouldn't be lacking on that aspect. My doctor's had me on vitamin a & d supplements to try and help with my acne, but no results. I've tried many over the counter products and nothing works. I don't know if it's hormone related or not.

I'm getting so frustrated. I try to avoid antibiotics and take care of things naturally. However, nothing seems to be working. I work with kids and its so hard to deal with this when a 4 year old tells me that my face has a lot of spots. I wish the acne would go away so badly. I have a prescription for Clindamycin, Retin-A, and also some samples. I've been avoiding trying any of those, but the longer this acne stays the more tempting it is to go get one of those scripts filled.

Any suggestions/ideas/comments would be great.

Also I added pictures of my acne treatment progress if it works: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=144844

However, if those don't work or aren't large enough I've uploading them on a website:

Here's my acne pic from November 2006: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/carolyn_lsc/Nov-1.jpg

Here's my current acne pic from today: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/car...ch17Right-1.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Carolyn