Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Awkward Social Situations

Guest T-Virus

Tonight I was reunited with a friend of mine who left my school at the end of 2006. We were really good friends last year (really good as in "I love you" and "I love you too" :razz:) but tonight it was just kind of awkward talking to her. Since she left school I've just been talking to her over MSN and we've had some really good conversations but tonight I just didn't really have anything to say and I didn't know what to talk about. I would just think up something really quickly and say that, and then there would be this awkward silence where she would just give me this strange look :( There was nothing for us to talk about. I think our relationship is now much worse off than it was before tonight. I'll try to compensate for tonight’s horrible conversation by talking to her on MSN again (I just find it so much easier to talk to people online). But I would like to know how to avoid this kind of thing in the future. I wasn't even aware that she was coming to the party so it was a complete surprise.

Tonight I was reunited with a friend of mine who left my school at the end of 2006. We were really good friends last year (really good as in "I love you" and "I love you too" :razz:) but tonight it was just kind of awkward talking to her. Since she left school I've just been talking to her over MSN and we've had some really good conversations but tonight I just didn't really have anything to say and I didn't know what to talk about. I would just think up something really quickly and say that, and then there would be this awkward silence where she would just give me this strange look :( There was nothing for us to talk about. I think our relationship is now much worse off than it was before tonight. I'll try to compensate for tonight’s horrible conversation by talking to her on MSN again (I just find it so much easier to talk to people online). But I would like to know how to avoid this kind of thing in the future. I wasn't even aware that she was coming to the party so it was a complete surprise.

Guest T-Virus

Heh. I'm talking to her right now and she told me that I'm awesome :wub:

we always blow things out of proportion when we are anxious! thinking we looked stupid, feeling embarassed think they must hate us or think we are weird .. oh and ugly! lol.. its hardly ever true.. usually the complete opposite. anxious people read signs all wrong. They also believe everyone can tell they feel shy etc when the majority of the time they cant at all !

I think everybody hits a snag every now and then and just have absolutly nothing to talk about, even with close friends.

I'm sure it was akward for both of you T ..and she said you're awesome so problem solved!

Always rely on your wit and charm..in the fututre.

we always blow things out of proportion when we are anxious! thinking we looked stupid, feeling embarassed think they must hate us or think we are weird .. oh and ugly! lol.. its hardly ever true.. usually the complete opposite. anxious people read signs all wrong. They also believe everyone can tell they feel shy etc when the majority of the time they cant at all !

Try not to think of silent moments as awkward. If you have a pause in the conversation that is okay. Try and think of a topic that you want to discuss that is on your mind & ask her something about it. Sometimes something small you say can trigger an interesting story in the other person.

It can be easier to talk to people online cuz you feel like you have more time to think before you respond & that actually can make for a more interesting & witty conversation. In person, just slow down & take your time also. Life isnt a TV show & you cant usually expect quick comebacks & a conversation that flows seamlessly. I'm trying to get over that idea myself, so I can put less pressure on myself when talking to people.

Whenever I see a friend I havent seen in awhile it can be awkward after the initial catching up, but then sometimes it's just nice to be around an old friend even if you arent talking.

Guest T-Virus
you should of talked about pokemon

But everyone loves pikachu =)

-- Anyways, it seems to happen with most of my friends too. So don't feel bad. I saw a junior high school friend after three years and we use to be the best of friends and it was just awkward silence. It even happens with friends that I haven't seen for a year. I suppose it's just another part of life, like acne =)