Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalala2003

Is anybody clear from accutane in a month or two?

hey man,

i dont think its possible for anyone to be clear in a month because even if the acne does some how flatten out, you still have like tons of red marks to deal with. Like im on my 3rd week right now, and at that start of this week, i had a serious break out. But i stopped touching my face completley and it seems to look the best it ever has. I start 60mg tommorow, hopefully i wont breakout again. My acne isnt too severe and i am seeing drastic changes, so i dont think it will take too long to get me some flawless skin.

I dont think I will have alot of red marks because my acne is not bad it just that it keeps coming back after i take things like minocylcin.... I just want to stop it got good ya know.

I just started my second month on accutane and so far i'm beginning to get less breakouts. The only problem now is that I have a lot of red marks than before, and its beginning to look a lot more visible. I have very light acne, and I hope that accutane gets rid of it and all those dirty red marks.

The redmarks came from previous breakouts on my first month on accutane. I never touched my face. I was reading one of the posts, and it says that the face usually becomes a little bit redder while on accutane.

getting there, right at the one month phase, actually 7 days over a month. so far most of my skin has been clearing up, the areas with less acne. I still have alot of it on a certain part of the cheeks, that is leaving, but it will take a while.

Hmm...I think the people who clear up the quickest are the people that only have acne in selected areas. Eg: their cheeks. Cystic acne on their cheeks and clear face everywhere else! Bleh.

As opposed to lucky me: I not only have a T zone, i have an O zone (my ENTIRE FACE) LOL. Anyways...On Week 11, breaking out...but it's not too bad...unless i pick - which i do.

I began to see significant improvement within 2 months. Before accutane my face was VERY oily. Halfway through my day I would rub my hands on my face and my hands would be covered in oil, almost like I just rubbed baby oil on it.

Now, my skin stays oil-free. It stays looking refreshed throughout the day. After 1 month on accutane, I started drying up really bad. My face and lips would be peeling from dryness. I got lotion and lip moisturizer to solve that.

Now, 3 months into my treatment, my face has began to progress, I would say I am 90% clear. Also the dryness has subsided, although a bit of lotion and lip moisturizer is still needed daily. Right now the whole left side of my face is 100% clear, while the right side of my face has about 4 pimples. It's great!! I can't wait to finish my treatment.

Hi

I had my intial breakout at the end of the third week and I thought there was no chance my skin would be clear within a month! However only two or three days since the breakout occured and my skin has begun clearing VERY quickly. I'm not getting the big spots I had with my initial breakout anymore and the blackheads and whiteheads etc. are dissapearing or falling off my face all the time. I've had a few little spots come up on my back however, but they soon go, so I think it is indeed possible to clear within a month or so.

You're gonna get the odd spot, blackhead or whitehead along the course of treatment and more than likely after but even people without acne get that. No- one and I mean no- one in this world has flawless skin ALL the time!

I'm considering going on roaccutane but how much does this stuff cost? Can someone give me an idea of the cost if i were to use it for 5 months to treat moderate acne on my face and back?

Hey,

I can tell you that Ive been on Accutane since July of this year; this is my final month. I started at 40 mg/day for a month and then was increased to 60mg a day for the remainder of my treatment. I weigh 116 lbs.

I broke out every month up until this last month. Although it was a pain in the @$$, I kept telling myself that the MORE I broke out the MORE I would be clear later on and the LONGER the acne would stay away! Remember, it's either 'pay me now or pay me later'. So, I would rather pay for it now and deal with breaking out, than have to go through treatment again b/c the amount I had wasnt sufficient.

What's the point to this rambling? LOL...I wasnt clear after the 2nd or 3rd month. Only now, month 6 have I not one bump on my face. It's sikly smooth and has an amazing glow about it! Hang in there!