Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILoveMyPuppy

Dry Scaley Skin

I have a question, it isnt acne but my boyfriend has some kind of scaley skin and its on the back of his arm, and he says its dry skin, i cant really tell bc he wont me look at it. do u know something he can use? it is dark and he is light complected and really it looks like scales on a fish.

Yes, I had that too. It's chicken skin, as they call it.

What happens is that the hair is trapped within and can't escape for whatever reason. Before taking fish oil I had enough and it left marks. Now the back of my arm is 70% improved. I still get some, but so little.

A quick fix would be to gently exfoliate the area and then moisturize right away, it improves the functioning of it and allows the hair to escape properly.

It won't stop all together, but it does help alleviate most of it.

Hope that helps

What happens is that the hair is trapped within and can't escape for whatever reason. Before taking fish oil I had enough and it left marks. Now the back of my arm is 70% improved. I still get some, but so little.

A quick fix would be to gently exfoliate the area and then moisturize right away, it improves the functioning of it and allows the hair to escape properly.

Hope that helps

thanks! :dance:

Hope that helps

thanks! :dance:

I have that, too. Actually my dad has it real bad and my younger brother has it, too. My dad used to tease me and say I have "chicken skin."

It used to be a lot worse than it is now. My right arm is almost completely clear except a very few dusted here and there. My left arm is worse, it can be quite noticable. I haven't tried exfoliating, but I think I'm going to now. What helped to really fade it was moisturizing my arms with a thick body cream EVERYDAY right after my shower.