Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

how to healthfully gain weight?

my diet has evolved over the past few months to the point where i am eating REALLY healthy. mostly veges, fruits, and fish and chicken. grains is brown rice, and i dont eat that much. i avoid sugar, dairy, wheat, and fatty cuts of red meat. so at 5'7, 5'8, female, i have always been around 130lbs more or less, but now i have dropped to 122lb. my skin is improving and my bowels are fantastically regular. but i would like to gain a little weight back because i feel like i'm becoming too skinny. i plan to exercise to gain some muscle, but what foods can i eat? i already eat lots of good fats, like fatty fish and half an avocado daily...

my diet has evolved over the past few months to the point where i am eating REALLY healthy. mostly veges, fruits, and fish and chicken. grains is brown rice, and i dont eat that much. i avoid sugar, dairy, wheat, and fatty cuts of red meat. so at 5'7, 5'8, female, i have always been around 130lbs more or less, but now i have dropped to 122lb. my skin is improving and my bowels are fantastically regular. but i would like to gain a little weight back because i feel like i'm becoming too skinny. i plan to exercise to gain some muscle, but what foods can i eat? i already eat lots of good fats, like fatty fish and half an avocado daily...

Eat whatever you are eating just more of it.

I too have problems gaining weight... I am normally around 106lbs. I once went on a eating frenzy to see if I could gain any weight. I ate healthy but ate TONS of it.. I gained 6 lbs in one week went up to 112lbs... but I was nauseous and uncomfortable all the time from all the food that was constantly in my stomach as I had to eat constantly. I finally said forget it.. went back to eating normally and dropped the 6lbs I gained the next week. :shrug:

New to these boards, but I just had to reply to this, because I know it's hard to ask thsi question! I've always been thin, but I lost about 15 pounds last Fall during some extensive dental work (numerous appointments, anesthesia, crowns, extractions, root canals, oh my, the fun of being a dental phobic!), and I've not gained it all back at all (I am 5'7, and I went from about 120 down to 103 at my lowest, right now I hover between 106-110 depending how much I've eaten in a given day). Going along with the dental work, I also started eating better again, and I quit snacking, so I try to just eat big meals (no snacking due to how susceptible my teeth are, and the more contact they have with the food, agh, anyways, it's a battle!) It's hard to eat that many vegetables in a day,lol. Maybe lots of chicken or turkey?

So, no advice, just know how you feel. When I hit 103, I felt disgusting, bony, icky looking. I'd say it sounds like you're doing all you can. Maybe drink some nutritional drinks? I was told to drink some instant breakfasts, but 1) I don't drink milk and 2) they're loaded with sugar. Maybe some protein powder added to something? Anyways, good luck, I know what you're going through. :(

-Heather

Eat whatever you are eating just more of it.

Avocados are great, filled with healthy fat. So include A LOT of those in your daily diet. You can even consider making avocado smoothies. Also, consume flax seeds daily they help in weight gain. If you dont have a sensitivity to nuts throw in some good cashew, walnuts, almonds in your diet as well.