Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evissly

My frst and last log!

EDIT:

Well, as promised, here's my regimen.

Neo-medrol: Once at bedtime

Benzaclin 5% bp: Once in the morning and once at supper time.

Doxycin 100mg: Once a day for 1.5 months

Here it goes, wish me luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I guess I'm a newbie here. I, like many of you, have been battling acne for a long time now (5 years). During the first three years, I didn't think much of my acne. It was mild, and I wasn't even aware of it (mainly due to the fact that I wasn't too self-conscious at the time.) However, eventually my pediatrician put me on 5% Panoxyl and some topical cream (I don't remember the name, but apparently it was suppose to be good vs scars) because my acne had infested the entire bottom half of my face (I don't have pictures, but it was quite a sight...). This did absolutely nothing against my acne, so I went to see a dermatologist, who put me on 10% Panoxyl, re-prescribed the topical cream, gave another funky smelling cream that had 5% benzyl peroxide, and some pills (I don't remember what they were... :whistle: ) Anyways, all these treatments did absolutely nothing for the first 4 months, but me being determined to rid my face of acne forever, was patient with the treatment and by the beginning of the 5th month I noticed major results. The infestation had subsided for the most part, and I was 95% clear. Then, less than a month ago, I had beaten acne!!!! I woke up one morning, washed my face, only to realize it was completely smoothe. No bumps, no whiteheads, nothing!!!! I went to school that day with the utmost confidence I've ever had for the past 5 years. How I wish the story ended here, but unfortunately it doesn't, which is why I'm posting in this forum.

After that one day of clear skin, chaos was gradually beginning again. The next day, I had one zit that was embedded deep in my skin (near the corner of my lips) and was really swollen. The next day, another one, except on the opposite corner of my lips (strange, my acne seems to work symmetrically... :wacko: ). They just kept coming one after another, but not at an exceptionally fast rate. But the problem is not how fast they grow, but it is to purge them before the next ones can grow.

Now... here I am, with mild acne resting on my right cheek and my chin. I made an appointment with the dermatologist in April, and hopefully I will get the right treatment with permanent results. Until then I will just dwell on that one day when my skin was perfectly cleared :rolleyes: . This story will continue April 14th, after seeing my dermatologist. By the way, I'm male and 17 years old. :confused::confused::confused:

Damn!!!! It's getting worst everyday. I'm only using 10% Panoxyl right now and it's doing nothing. I hope I can make it t'ill april 12 before my entire face is cover with acne. Damnit!!!!!!

:shy: you guys are not gonna believe this, but I beated acne... again! Clear skin (with exception to a few scars, but no lumps or bumps)!!!!

I know this brief victory isn't going to last too long, but I just felt like celebrating and to remind those brave fighters out there to stay strong. You guys will triumph over acne and patience is the needed virtue. In two weeks I'm going to see the derm again, and this time I plan to end this war with acne for good!

Regimen is still morning wash face with Dove soap and put on 10% Panoxyl. At night I wash my face with Dove soap and put on 10% Panoxyl.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!~~~!!

I just learned in chemistry class that soaps come in many different pH levels. Anything above or below the pH of 7 will lead to dry skin. Dove, fortunately enough, has a pH of 7. However, Irish Spring (and a few mentioned, but I forgot), has a pH of 10 (OMG!!), and that's way too basic for the skin to take. Although soap companies are not suppose to make soaps above/below the pH of 7 anymore, they continue to do so because people are still buying them. In any case, that's it for now.

As I expected, acne returned with a vengeance. No worries though, I'm not frustrated or anything. But that one day when I was acne-free was memorable. Anyways, the day of the derm approaches. Until then, cheers.

Damnit, there are breakouts that seem to revolve around my lips. *sighhhh And I have two that are right on my lips (or seems like it because they're on the first pores above my lips). Only 11 days until my dermatologist appointment, which should mark the beginning of a new regimen. After that, it's gonna be a few months (or maybe a year) before the acne actually goes away. These are gonna be some dark days.

I don't have major acne, just mild, but nonetheless very noticeable. Do you think the Derm is gonna prescribe accutane? I hear accutane makes your thinking a little woozy and I don't want that because exams are coming up. My previous visit to the derm (close to a year ago) I was given antibiotics to take twice a day, which didnt work out so well. I wonder what I will get this time...

Here are some pic, but because of crappy webcam and misleading lighting, my acne doesn't seem so bad. But it's a lot milder than the pics. I guess I can consider myself lucky because besides the areas that you see in the pics, I don't have acne anywhere else.

post-55971-1175466518_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466524_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466528_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466533_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466518_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466524_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466528_thumb.jpg

post-55971-1175466533_thumb.jpg

The magic of ice! Why haven't I discovered this before. The only reason why my acne seemed worse than it actually is is (heheh, I just used "is" twice consecutively) because they were swollen. These pictures are what you see is what you get.

[Edited out pics: the next time I'll post pictures, it'll be of my victory vs acne. I kept a few pics up of my pre-derm action vs acne just to verify my progress]

wow you must have some will power lol..id be popping away! anyways..you dont look bad

I'm gonna give some suggestions so you can take em or leave em..

First off, i would not use dove soap. Try out Canus goats milk soap found at CVS/Eckerds OR Purpose Bar Soap found at more places. Liquid cleansers like cetaphil work good too; theyre easier for me anyway lol.

Then after you cleanse i suggest using Dan's BP..im currently wondering how you can put 10% BP on your skin and not even moisturize >< maybe somehow your skin can take it

But all people need to moisturize alittle. go to walmart and look by cetaphil moisturizer and by it should be Equate Moisturizer. it should have the exact same ingredients.

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the mucho appreciated advice, but there are only 6 days left before I see the derm, so I won't be buying anything until then (I'm running low on $$$) but all the same, thanks for the advice.

And my skin was pretty beat up after using 10% for the first few months, then it just got use to it.

Anyways, here's my skin now, 4 noticeable pimples. Two on my forehead, which are covered by my hair, so when I said 4 noticeable pimples :whistle: I lied, there are only two.

ALRIGHT!!!!!

IT BEGINS!!!!!!!

Just came back from the derm and my regimen begins right now! (well, not right now because my brother went to buy the medicine while I'm doing homework). When he gets back, I'm gonna list the stuff the derm gave me. Also, she said there was this treatment that was very successful, a process where they open up your pores and put the medicine INSIDE the skin and then close up the pores. She said the medicine stays in the skin for a long time. Yay! Although I don't have to do the treatment, I still plan to. It costs $130 Canadian, so yeah, I'm gonna update you guys on how it goes.

Day 3

Pimple count: 7 (4 subsiding)

I grew 4 more pimples, but they grew right on to the neo-medrol I put on during the night and by morning they were at the stage of dying. As for the other 3 that are not dying, well, they are dying , but still somewhat noticeable. They are kinda swollen ( the size of maybe 1/4 of a penny ) but I'm pretty sure by the end of the day they'll be significantly reduced.

Day 4

Pimple count: 2

These two are swollen and embedded deep into my skin. I'm icing them right now and hopefully it'll get better quicker. I know for sure that this time next week, they'll be gone though.

Day 5

Aside from the scarring, it's not too bad. Only been 5 days since my visit to the derm, and the stuff the derm gave me is working wonders. That's why they're pros.

Day 6

Doesn't seem like I'm making progress because the rate of the death of acne is equal to the rate of the birth of them. Well, technically, today it should only be 1 pimple, but one of the dead ones revived (*gasp, how the hell did that happen?).

Day 7

Same story as before, one died, but one is growing, but the one growing is being flooded with medication and let's see if it dies before it can develope.

Day 9

Pimple count: 1

Well, there's only one active pimple left on my face... and this one's gonna be the last. I did something stupid though. I pinched it to let the stuff out, but it didnt surface enough yet, and now it's kinda lumpy. I think it's gonna be another few days before this one dies. But it's probably gonna be the last one. :D

Day 10

Pimple count: hmmmm 0.5, maybe less

In theory, the last pimple subsided, but now I'm suffering from major dryness.