Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Yay I Receive My Paulas Choice Samples

Yay I received my Paulas Choice samples of BHA 1% and BHA 2% :dance: I was just wondering if you guys just used the sample once, then threw it away, and ordered it or if you used it a few times before ordering it. Also, for those of you who moisturize do you moisturize under the BHA or over it?

I don't know how much is contained in the samples, but if you have some left over after applying it the first time, I don't see why you couldn't use it again.

Apply BHA, wait at least 30 minutes, then moisturize if needed. I'm sure this has been covered in the forum, try doing a search for more details.

Alrighty :) Heres an update. I decided to just use the package until it runs out. I cannot order from the website until monday and I am gonna order it. I already notice a difference. There are numerous blackheads that are already gone :D

However I still dont know if its better to put the moisturizer on before I put the gel on or after

I also am considering buying some other products from Paulas Choice because I am breaking out in cystic acne. My face was improving but on Wednesday I had a vanilla frappiccino and I within twenty minutes had four new cystic pimples on my face. They are very red, itchy, and I think its because of the milk in the frap. That was dumb of me because I break out from milk everytime :doh:

The reason why I never recommended using samples of the BHA products more than once was because I wasn't certain as to whether or not it would remain effective after opening. Many ingredients break down in the presence of oxygen, and unless Paula's packaging for her samples has changed oxygen could negatively impact the product. It won't hurt you to use samples more than once, I just don't think it's an effective way of determining whether or not a product is effective. The BHA samples are meant for the user to see whether or not he/she will have any negative reactions from the product, how well he/she likes the products consistancy, etc....

Ususally you'll want to apply products with lighter consistancies before products with heavier consitancies to get the best product penetration. If your lotion is also in gel form and has a similar consistancy, you'll want to use the BHA first anyway.

This might help you (scroll down to the Step-By-Step Skincare Guide):

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/catalog.asp?ID=333#step

When I got my gel sample, I put it in a sealed plastic baggy in a dark cabinet in case the light effected it, and it seemed to work pretty well for a few days.

I would also put the BHA BEFORE moisturizer. Usually that's what you do, and what I've read in Paula's books as well. Use the medicine first, wait for it to be fully absorbed (20-30 minutes) and then put on any moisturizer if and only if needed.

Yeah thats what I did last night. Im gonna try and order some Paulas Choice products when I wake up. Im gonna go back to sleep. I have a busy day ahead of me

Update: I ordered BHA 2% gel, the One Step Facial Cleanser, the Blemish Control Solution and a sample of one of their moisturizers. Im so excited to get it! I should probably be receiving them by either tomorrow or Monday

Alrighty :) Heres an update. I decided to just use the package until it runs out. I cannot order from the website until monday and I am gonna order it. I already notice a difference. There are numerous blackheads that are already gone :D

However I still dont know if its better to put the moisturizer on before I put the gel on or after

I also am considering buying some other products from Paulas Choice because I am breaking out in cystic acne. My face was improving but on Wednesday I had a vanilla frappiccino and I within twenty minutes had four new cystic pimples on my face. They are very red, itchy, and I think its because of the milk in the frap. That was dumb of me because I break out from milk everytime :doh: