Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pandora3co

I need a GOOD mascara.

I've tried just about everything...... my problem is the stuff either clumps to the point I look like Tammy Fay, or when I finally find one that doesn't clump at all... Cover girl lash exact ---- the stuff flakes like crazy! I love the way Lash Exact looks when I put it on ... perfectly separated dark lashes.... but when i check myself out 2 hours later.. I have tons of black flakes all over under my eyes!!! By the end of the day it almost looks like I never even put it on.

Grrr.. anyone use something that wont clump -- and I have lashes that tend to clump even WITHOUT mascara on ... and that will last 8 hours and not make me look like a racoon too? Or is there some sort of primer I could put on to stop it from flaking off? (dont even know if there are lash primers .. )

well i have this technique where i take the wand and instead of immediately sweeping from top to bottom, i move it left and right very gently. this helps with clumps. however some clumping is always gonna be there.

i really dont like lash exact. i have it in the volumizing version, and though the tube and brush look very pretty, i dont think i really does anything other than add color. its soo not special at all.

EDIT: clear- mascara is my true love in the world of make up! :P

Evahonesty- that mascara was horrid. it was actually my first mascara ever... it was very clumpie...

I use Maybelline New York XXL Volume + Length.

It's got a primer one one end that's white, and it coats your lashes... then you use the darker other end to actually put on the mascara. I was skeptical at first, but you end up only needing one coat of mascara instead of the 3 or 4 that I was using to get the same effect. Great stuff!

HMMM .. reading the linked post Cleardream.. it looks like alot of people have smearing problems. Maybe I should try a waterproof one... I don't really have oily skin... in fact my eyes are usually very dry...

Maybe my problem is rubbing.. I dont' think I rub alot.. but maybe I do... I need to pay close attention to that.

i always rubbed as usual, mascara on or not.

then after people were responding in that other thread, the other day i tried wearing my Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint, but rubbing as LITTLE as possible throughout the day. it definitely made a difference... but still at the very end of the day there were a couple of teeny microscopic smudgie flakes under my eyes. i guess a little bit may be inevitable, but it can be greatly reduced by not touching? :shrug:

oh - and if you're looking for a tint, but without added volume (though i know most people want the volume), i would recommend that Neutrogena one. it's really more a tint than a mascara -- so, NO volume, just darkens lashes -- but as such, it doesn't really clump at all.

loreal voluminous

thats a pretty good one, though it can easily give you clumps.

has anyone tried the loreal lash extend mascara? i want a new mascara, with a primer.

Well maybe I'll try the Neutrogena for day and the one with primer for going out? - although I go out so little it hardly seems worth it.. :think:

I'm going to Ulta tomorrow so I will have lots to chose from.

I always spend too much money in that place... and never seem to use 1/2 of what I buy ..... :wall:

Tweezerman metal lash comb. :wub:

oooh, i wanted to get that! but it was $20, so i never did. now i have my eye on the very similar BE metal lash comb... (dont remember how much that one is)

I cant use combs...... I have tried and I always end up poking myself in the eye or just seems to make it clump worse. I don't use eyelash curlers either. I guess I'm just eye tool challenged.

i love maybelline's full and soft mascara! It doesnt smudge and does what its called, it makes your lashes 'full' with a soft texture. Its got the highest reviews in makeupalley as a mascara. http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....elline/Mascara/

:drool: maybelline's mascaras are always very nice for the price. i remember the second mascara i ever bought was maybelline's volume express and i loved it.... :( i should have kept the tube, but that was like 4-5 years ago...

Tweezerman metal lash comb. :wub:

oooh, i wanted to get that! but it was $20, so i never did. now i have my eye on the very similar BE metal lash comb... (dont remember how much that one is)

can either of you please post a link? and what exactly sets it apart from other, cheaper lash combs?

Okay, here you go!

The difference is that the teeth are metal (gold plated actually) and it actually COMBS and SEPARATES your lashes!!! Not like the plastic ones that are too big to fit between your lashes. Those ones always made my lashes clump more! I read about it on MUA and went out and bought one and I never use mascara without it. Mascara will get built up on the comb after some use so you need to clean it off with soap or eye makeup remover when you find it not working quite as well as before, but then it's good as new!

^ so this stuff doesn't smudge or clump on you? oh, and do you use WP, or regular?

ive used it and its pretty good... despise all the negative reviews on mma. but i wouldn't say it didnt smudge. as a matter of fact it smudged quite a bit.

^ so this stuff doesn't smudge or clump on you? oh, and do you use WP, or regular?

ive used it and its pretty good... despise all the negative reviews on mma. but i wouldn't say it didnt smudge. as a matter of fact it smudged quite a bit.

:wall:

The best ive ever used is : Maybelline Great Lash. http://www.maybelline.com/products/product....aspx?prodid=24

you can get it in different shades, waterproof, and different style brushes. Ive never met some one who used it and didnt like it. They even use this one a TON for advertisements and in movies. it's definantly a good pick, plus it's inexpensive.

Allow me to introduce myself.... :D

I really dislike it. I have HUGE eyes & the tiny applicator brush is just useless to me. It takes forever to coat all the lashes around my eyes. Plus I naturally have long thick lashes (to protect my massively wide eyes) & this mascara is the only mascara I've ever used that managed to make my lashes look measly for me.

I really like Loreal mascaras, cuz they have big fat brushes, but sometimes they can clump a bit if you dont apply carefully. If you apply well you can get seriously thick, full lashes. My sister uses Loreal Full Definition Voluminous mascara & she gets asked if she has fake lashes on!

Right now I am using Max Factor & I like that too, but it seems to flake a bit by the end of the day (8 hours or so).