Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Your skin sheds 50,000 cells every minute.

I made a reply to someone's post stating this, but I think everyone should be aware of this fact, it's scary!:

Blowin' in the wind: Globally, dead skin accounts for about a billion tons of dust in the atmosphere. Your skin sheds 50,000 cells every minute.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/feb/20-things-skin/

Getting rid of this will enable your moisturizer and topicals to soak in and help your blemishes to heal faster as it is not covered by a film and by helping it regenerate new skin laying underneath better.

Without exfoliation, you're setting yourself up for acne. Also, when there is dead skin cell covering your skin, the sebum from the sebatious glands emerge to the top, and when they can't get through, they clog your skin with it as well.

which means the best thing you can do for your skin is to diminish oil production by improving your diet, fitness and sleep

which means the best thing you can do for your skin is to diminish oil production by improving your diet, fitness and sleep

I've started exfoliating more lately and I really think it's helping my moisturizer and topicals to absorb better! I'm going to order more of the exfoliating gel I was using because I think it was helping and I'm all out now (it was sample size).

I've started exfoliating more lately and I really think it's helping my moisturizer and topicals to absorb better! I'm going to order more of the exfoliating gel I was using because I think it was helping and I'm all out now (it was sample size).

oh i was just gonna ask a question about exfoliating

i got something like this:

neobeauty-com_1939_3830523

my mom got it for me because i told her i needed an exfoliator. there are tiny little bristles and 4 massage gel like things, would you say that the massaging gel-like things could potentially irritate my skin? i feel bad because my mom paid a lot of money for this only to do nothing for acne.

do we absolutely need an exfoliating brush or can we use sugar etc?

oh i was just gonna ask a question about exfoliating

i got something like this:

neobeauty-com_1939_3830523

my mom got it for me because i told her i needed an exfoliator. there are tiny little bristles and 4 massage gel like things, would you say that the massaging gel-like things could potentially irritate my skin? i feel bad because my mom paid a lot of money for this only to do nothing for acne.

do we absolutely need an exfoliating brush or can we use sugar etc?

Which gel are you using?

Which gel are you using?